I made a thing! (Mod Organizer to OpenMW export)

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
AnyOldName3

I made a thing! (Mod Organizer to OpenMW export)

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I made a thing:

https://github.com/AnyOldName3/ModOrganizer-to-OpenMW

It makes it easy to use Mod Organizer, the only mod manager I know of which supports a VFS, to manage OpenMW's VFS. More details are in the GitHub repo.

Unfortunately, Mod Organizer is Windows-only, but I have a suspicion that most Morrowind players are on Windows.
Yummychickenblue

Re: I made a thing! (Mod Organizer to OpenMW export)

Post by Yummychickenblue »

Interesting, I've actually been considering making a (cross platform) mod manager of sorts capable of taking advantage of openmw's capabilities.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Cool! Now maybe someone can make Mod Organizer run on Linux and I'll be all set! Or even better, probably post-1.0, integrate its functionality into the OpenMW launcher... :D
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I've tweaked this so it can now be localised to other languages. Unfortunately, there are a couple of issues with Mod Organizer preventing the localisations from actually loading, but that should be sorted out tomorrow.

I mostly did this because part of MO that's written in Python can't be translated and a French person asked for help and no one else both knew what to do and cared enough to do it (although someone might have cared enough to learn what to do, so it might have been resolved had I done nothing) and this plugin served as a nice test case.

It's on Transifex at https://www.transifex.com/anyoldname3/m ... to-openmw/ because I thought that setting that up would make me look professional.
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 13 Apr 2018, 01:14 It's on Transifex at https://www.transifex.com/anyoldname3/m ... to-openmw/ because I thought that setting that up would make me look professional.
I just made an account at transifex to add French localisation to your script.
Awaiting your approval!
Starsheep

Post by Starsheep »

Here you go, all done!
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I've uploaded the translation to the Nexus.
Loomis360

Post by Loomis360 »

I know this is an old thread but I can't find anything on Google so I am hopefully coming to the source...

I just installed almost 200 mods using MO2. I get to the step where I click the Export to OpenMW button and I get this:

Plugin "OpenMW Exporter" failed: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Modding/MO2?plugins/OpenMWExport.py", line 82, in display self._clearOpenMWConfig(configPath)
File "C:/Modding/MO2/plugins/OpenMWExport.py", line 140, in _clearOpenMWConfig
os.remove(configPath)
PermissionError: [WinError 5 Access is denied: 'C://Users//Documents/MyGames//OpenMW//openmw.cfg'

(my backslash key I think has a hotkey conflict atm, so I substituted slash in its place, but you get the idea)

Running MO2 as admin has the same result. Notepad and Notepad++ can edit the cfg file without issue. I don't know what the problem could be. Anyone have any ideas?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

First, some general advice - don't run buggy software as Admin. It's already demonstrated that it can't be trusted to do what it says it will, and you're giving it more power to break things. It's like offering a toddler a handgun because they keep getting nerf darts stuck on top of the furniture.

As for the specific issue, first check the path it's using is exactly correct. I assume you've removed your username from the path you've posted here, but if that's the path it's actually printing, then it's likely that there's a bug as that doesn't look like the normal documents location.

There are a few other potential problems if the path is correct. It's possible the permissions are set up weirdly (in which case it's probably fastest to rename the file, run the OpenMW launcher to create a new copy, and then copy and paste the contents of the renamed version into the correctly-named version). It's probably more likely that you've got another program running that's blocking the delete. Notepad++ will let you delete files it's using, but that's not the standard approach, and other applications like plain Notepad will block deletions. I'd close any other software you suspect might be involved, and then if that doesn't fix it, maybe try a reboot.