OpenMW Mod Manager

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
NullCascade

OpenMW Mod Manager

Post by NullCascade »

A few days ago I started diving into Qt5. In that process I've cobbled together a spaghetti-coded mod manager for OpenMW.

OpenMW Mod Manager on GitHub.

Features include:
  • A simple user-interface that displays data repositories scattered across various locations.
  • The ability to disable/enable data repositories with a quick click.
  • The ability to quickly add data repositories through the native file system.
  • Recognition of mod sub-components for complicated data.
  • Conflict detection, to show how the order of data repositories matters.
Planned features include:
  • Detailed conflict reporting.
  • Enabling/disabling content without using the OpenMW launcher.
  • Enabling/disabling BSAs without using the OpenMW launcher.
  • Updating conflict detection to compare to BSAs.
  • Interfaces to other tools.
This tool was inspired by Wrye Mash and Mod Organizer.

The tool only works on Windows at the moment, as I don't have a Linux install of OpenMW right now.
Greendogo

Re: OpenMW Mod Manager

Post by Greendogo »

That's pretty cool! Can't wait to see more work done on this! :D
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

I was planning on doing a video (eventually) of how to install mods on OpenMW, but with this, that may not be needed... and it will make installing my 200+ mods I'm getting ready for 1.0, easier! Thank you for your work Muthsera!
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Nice work, NullCascade. :)
Dyskos

Post by Dyskos »

Question, could this theoretically be built and used on Linux? I'm curious, as I would like to make a package request for Solus, but there would be no point if it only works on Windows.
Last edited by Dyskos on 06 Mar 2017, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
TheMechanist

Post by TheMechanist »

Hopefully you will release a Win 10 compiled executable :)
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

Are you interested in calling out to a leveled-list merger from this tool? It seems like a natural fit, and I'm happy to add command-line switches to make it easier if that will help.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

This functionality should be included in the launcher.
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

Sslaxx wrote:This functionality should be included in the launcher.
Be that as it may, the functionality is currently not in the launcher, and producing separate software is sometimes easier than trying to modify and expand existing software.

Until the launcher does include such functionality, I'm glad someone's making it available elsewhere.
NullCascade

Post by NullCascade »

Been a couple of weeks since I touched this project. Opened it back up today and tinkered with trying to reduce the ~5s startup time when finding conflicts between 17.9 GB/176 mods. Ended up reverting my couple of solutions for being too messy. Will continue to tweak at it soon, adding features below.
drakovyrn wrote:Question, could this theoretically be built and used on Linux? I'm curious, as I would like to make a package request for Solus, but there would be no point if it only works on Windows.
This is probably the only problem as-is. Nothing is really OS-specific in the code. I just haven't installed OpenMW on a Linux install lately to get it working.
jmelesky wrote:Are you interested in calling out to a leveled-list merger from this tool? It seems like a natural fit, and I'm happy to add command-line switches to make it easier if that will help.
Yup, totally happy to do that. I'll add some functionality to reach out to third party tools. I'll make it generic though so it can fit into other things. Mod Organizer has similar functionality.