OpenMW Mod Manager

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
vk1970

Re: OpenMW Mod Manager

Post by vk1970 »

How is this project progressing so far?
NullCascade

Post by NullCascade »

vk1970 wrote:How is this project progressing so far?
It's in a functional state, though I still want to work on more features. I haven't had it be my priority, however, as other things have been more important. Is there something in particular you are wanting?
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

NullCascade wrote:
It's in a functional state, though I still want to work on more features. I haven't had it be my priority, however, as other things have been more important. Is there something in particular you are wanting?
Have you considered adding some notes about how to building the project? That would allow others to contribute and make the project grow.

I honestly see this as a great starting for a big project.
NullCascade

Post by NullCascade »

Naugrim wrote:
NullCascade wrote:
Have you considered adding some notes about how to building the project? That would allow others to contribute and make the project grow.

I honestly see this as a great starting for a big project.
I can write up more soon, but it's a standard Qt Creator project. There's a .pro file people can open. The source itself isn't the cleanest, as stated in my disclaimer. I'll get around to redoing it once other things cool down.
vk1970

Post by vk1970 »

NullCascade wrote:
I was curious about when the leveled list callout might be added, since jmelesky asked about if a callout to his command line utility could be added. I'm in the process of teaching myself Python and GTK (I already know a few other languages and have worked with VS) so I could make a small serviceable GUI strictly for his Python based LLM tool as I suspect I might have more time on my hands at the moment than he does.

Won't the manner in which OpenMW handles multiple mod setups complicate things a bit, as opposed to the way vanilla TES3 does?
NullCascade

Post by NullCascade »

vk1970 wrote:
NullCascade wrote:
I was curious about when the leveled list callout might be added, since jmelesky asked about if a callout to his command line utility could be added. I'm in the process of teaching myself Python and GTK (I already know a few other languages and have worked with VS) so I could make a small serviceable GUI strictly for his Python based LLM tool as I suspect I might have more time on my hands at the moment than he does.
I started work on the launcher area of the tool. It's fairly simple, and has a new management window where you can configure the name, icon, target, arguments, and working directory of a tool, as well as if the tool shows up in the toolbar.
vk1970 wrote:Won't the manner in which OpenMW handles multiple mod setups complicate things a bit, as opposed to the way vanilla TES3 does?
Can you explain this more? If you're talking about the multiple data sources, I'm not sure how the LLM tool handles this, but this mod manager handles that.
vk1970

Post by vk1970 »

I'm referring to the way in which OpenMW handles multiple content lists from it's own launcher. The launcher config file keeps track of the current mod profile and there can be multiple profiles. Does your application only deal with one profile at a time at run-time or can it edit each profile individually?
NullCascade

Post by NullCascade »

vk1970 wrote:I'm referring to the way in which OpenMW handles multiple content lists from it's own launcher. The launcher config file keeps track of the current mod profile and there can be multiple profiles. Does your application only deal with one profile at a time at run-time or can it edit each profile individually?
I hadn't considered or used that yet. I'll add it to the to-do list. For now it only deals with whatever is currently in openmw.cfg. I'm not sure yet where profiles are stored (probably launcher.cfg).
friedcod

Post by friedcod »

uuhmmm... how do i use this??? i gotta like build it? wut!? how am i supposed to know how to do that? lol
Highyena

Post by Highyena »

I'm also interested in trying this out, but have no knowledge of how to assemble these things. Is it possible to release an assembled version for download, or am I better off waiting for an official release (and if so, is there a rough estimate on when that might be)?