Guy on youtube starts a let's play with OpenMW...

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
lysol

Guy on youtube starts a let's play with OpenMW...

Post by lysol »

... And he totally gets it. He totally understands the project. So great.

I never watch let's plays, I've never watched a let's play for other reasons than to have a look at a game when there's no video review to watch. But I know people watch let's plays. And then it's nice when people get the correct information from a kind of popular youtuber.

So anyway, here's the link. He's doing a live stream of this also, at the time of writing.

https://youtu.be/wmHB4XDbaiI
DestinedToDie

Re: Guy on youtube starts a let's play with OpenMW...

Post by DestinedToDie »

Good on him. A twitcher whose Youtube videos I often watch started a Morrowind playthrough with mods and crashed before he could exit the prisoner ship. Instant punishment for using the vanilla engine.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Nice! I really like his channel. While being very provocative at times, he is always open for discussion -- and he knows a hell lot about the TES series and its lore, being a big fan and a big critic at the same time.

I'll definitely have a look at his LP.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Don't like that guy because for me it like skyrim fan who want be old games fan you know... who can't play with vanilla faces and think that morrowind combat is "broken". But he more good than a lot stuff on youtube :D
lysol

Post by lysol »

As a "disclaimer", I don't know who this guy is, I just saw a "what if oblivion was good" video the other day, that's it. So I can't say if I like him or not.

I basically just saw this video where he talked about OpenMW and I got happy since it could almost be a FAQ video.
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

That guy is hillarious in the best way. I watch him all the time now since I found this channel. His suits and his fancy goblets crack me up every time. Love it!
Normally I dont like those gaming scientist wannabe game critics like TotalBiscuit, but this one is amazing.
A nerd in a suit, what more can one ask for?
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

PeterBitt wrote:A nerd in a suit, what more can one ask for?
You're damn right!

I especially like his TES lore series and his Daggerfall streams -- pure nostalgia. :)
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

lysol wrote:As a "disclaimer", I don't know who this guy is, I just saw a "what if oblivion was good" video the other day, that's it. So I can't say if I like him or not.
Yeah I saw that one, too, because some people seemed to go crazy about it... I must say I was not very impressed. Not that his ideas were bad per se, but most of it was simply unrealistic and would most likely not result in a good gaming experience even if it was possible to do. I don't say Oblivion was perfect, but in this video he wanted an entirely different game, and also one that is probably not possible to do, at least not in a way that is fun for most people.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I can't help but find him annoyingly pompous. Between the way he presents himself and talks, I have trouble watching him for very long. Not to mention how it seems like he's constantly digging for "nerd cred"... I'm sorry, but if you try to tell me you don't think Skyrim is a bad game, then go sling popular petty insults at it (not once, not twice, but three times -- "dumbed down", "streamlined" (in the negative sense), and "not an RPG" -- in a single breath), I can't really take you seriously.

I will give him credit that he actually knows more about the series than most people who talk about it on youtube, but I just can't get over everything else.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Chris wrote:I'm sorry, but if you try to tell me you don't think Skyrim is a bad game, then go sling popular petty insults at it (not once, not twice, but three times -- "dumbed down", "streamlined" (in the negative sense), and "not an RPG" -- in a single breath), I can't really take you seriously.
This is pretty much the opinion I have of Oblivion and -- although I've never really played it myself -- Skyrim: Both are good games, and they definitely do some things better than Morrowind, but in the end they don't allow me to roleplay as much as Morrowind (or even Daggerfall) did and are generally less complex. That said, there are mods to compensate for this but he talks about the vanilla games.