Mouse & Herbalism problem, win10 issue?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
carld256

Mouse & Herbalism problem, win10 issue?

Post by carld256 »

I've noticed for a long time that OpenMW fails to register the typical "left-click to harvest" behavior for any herbalism mod. It doesn't seem to matter what mod or what version of OpenMW I've used. The mods still work with the space bar though.
Vanilla Morrowind has the same issue so I think it's Windows 8/10 that prevents the mouse clicks from passing through to the mod for some reason.

This is the only situation where I've seen this happen, in any game or application, which is strange. I also haven't seen anyone else mention it. Anyone know if there's a mouse or software setting that changes this?
Chris

Re: Mouse & Herbalism problem, win10 issue?

Post by Chris »

I wasn't aware left-click could activate harvest-ables. Did you rebind left-click to activate or something?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Uh. Graphic Herbalism and similar mods are checking for activate button press for harvesting, e.g. Space by default. Using left mouse click makes no sense — it's, well, attack, why would it be used for harvesting?
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

Are you sure you haven't mistaken Morrowind for Minecraft? :P
carld256

Post by carld256 »

No, I swear way back pre-win8 it worked by clicking on the plants, not spacebar when using something like Graphic Herbalism. I'm reasonably sure I'm not insane :shock: I remember running around Firemoth Fort harvesting all the plants along the shore click, click, click.

I'll try to find some documentation or video of it. If I can't then I'll just assume I'm insane. :lol:

Oh, and regarding the left-click being attack, well yeah, obviously it only worked if you didn't have a weapon of spell ready. Not really finding anything that backs up what I'm remembering, so may just have to chalk it up to a faulty memory. I was a few years back.
carld256

Post by carld256 »

Chris wrote:I wasn't aware left-click could activate harvest-ables. Did you rebind left-click to activate or something?
If you rebind Activate to Mouse 1, it does produce that effect. I might have done that at one point to harvest a bunch of plants, but I don't remember ever doing so. Still, it looks like my memory is just wrong here. :(
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

To make this clear:

At least the "Graphic Herbalism" mod works as intended -- I just tested it with v0.40 and vanilla Morrowind. Picking ingredients works via the "Activate" key, no matter what key is bound to that action.

@carld256: I officially declare thee insane! ;)
carld256

Post by carld256 »

Atahualpa wrote:To make this clear:

At least the "Graphic Herbalism" mod works as intended -- I just tested it with v0.40 and vanilla Morrowind. Picking ingredients works via the "Activate" key, no matter what key is bound to that action.

@carld256: I officially declare thee insane! ;)
Oh yeah, the mod was never the problem (obviously) :lol: But, it's weird, I was 100% certain Win10 was doing something weird with the mouse button. Oh well, at least my nuttery is official.