The main idea to solve the Huge .Nif problem that follow the community for decades XD
2. Lack of support from modern 3D software. Only old build of Blender can do a job.
3. Complex architecture some parts of the format still unknown.
4. not universal
5. Original developers not support'em more... deadend
Use a OpenGEX as side alternative. Its not a resemblance of the nif pipeline just an addon. Anyway Engine read the decoded data as triangles, keyframes and so on. Same happen with .osg but it have no rig/anim support yet.
With use of GEX we solve all problems and will have and advantages:The OpenGEX format was created because Collada, the open standard that we all hoped would provide a well-supported asset exchange format, has proven to be an unreliable mess. The most common source of problems has been the poor quality of the Collada export plugins available for software such as 3D Studio Max and Maya, and we attribute this to Collada’s over-engineered design and its mutating under-specified format.
1. Official OpenGEX export plugins for 3D Studio Max, Maya, and Blender all of them are OpenSource.
2. Support from developers.
3. Format are open and can be modified for our needs.
4. Easy for implementation, its made as intermediate selfefficient module. implementation.PDF
Hope the community agreed with me.