Changing Max enchanting/spellmaking magnitude

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
PrimordialBronze

Changing Max enchanting/spellmaking magnitude

Post by PrimordialBronze »

Looking through OpenMW CS in Global Settings with no luck. Turn to the internet which led me to some forum with a dude looking for the same thing but as a mod. A helpful person recommended MCP. Which led me to, "Is Morrowind Code Patch and for that matter is Morrowind Patch Project also compatible? :?: " Will there be any issues or is it unknown? Looked through the list of compatible mods didn't find either.

In the meantime will someone graciously tell me how to change the max magnitude for enchanting/spellmaking and how to allow multiple spell effects for the same spell/enchantment? Thanks =-]
Last edited by PrimordialBronze on 11 May 2016, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
SquireNed

Re: Changing Max enchanting/spellmaking magnitude

Post by SquireNed »

I don't know that there's anything like this for OpenMW (or vanilla Morrowind, but I haven't really checked) at the moment.

After 1.0, there's definitely plans to include stuff like this, with the ability to dehardcode such things (if they are hardcoded to begin with), though I'm not entirely sure what it would take to do it: it might be possible already and just in some obscure records.
PrimordialBronze

"This raises the spellmaking and enchanting magnitude limits (not just spellmaking, as the name suggests) from 100 to 500." This is in MCP if this gives you any idea as to the relative ease of altering the max values. The quote is pulled from here http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html while on the topic of comaptiblity what about the rest of BTB's list?
ezze

Post by ezze »

The point is very easy: or it is an option already or it is coded somewhere in the C++ code. If it's the former, just wait somebody to enlighten us. If it is the latter, you can make a patch yourself or wait until v1.0 where somebody else will probably make it.

The MCP effects of original Morrowind are pretty much irrelevant here.
PrimordialBronze

Was just reading some of your posts and about your level up system from 3yrs ago. It is a wonderful idea that will lead to many more. :D From new enemy and loot lists to possibly active training with NPCs and/or environment. New economic balances and so on..with the caveat of it being widely adopted. My desire for OpenMW to have all the MCP fixes is grows great!!! *rapid swishing of cats tail*
Last edited by PrimordialBronze on 11 May 2016, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
ezze

Post by ezze »

Oh why... thanks. I am actually fairly proud of yalsm, mainly because it fixes the levelup system without being overdone.

About the caveat, it is indeed a problem. But Morrowind is still played and modded so hopefully people will convert to the new engine. A big step would that sites like www.fliggerty.com actually add a OpenMW section. This would have a great impact on the awareness of the project.
PrimordialBronze

Why the atrocious name yalsm, curious? And do you plan to implement that suggestion about more exp to luck when you fail? Meant your mod not OpenMW however that goes for OpenMW 10fold.
Last edited by PrimordialBronze on 11 May 2016, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
jirka642

Post by jirka642 »

I think that I found where are the max magnitudes placed in source code.

Setting for range of MagnitudeMinSlider:
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/blob/2 ... layout#L41

Setting for range of MagnitudeMaxSlider:
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/blob/2 ... layout#L50

There are also other settings like duration or area size in the same file.
The best thing about this is that you probably won't need to recompile any code since all these settings are written in simple xml file.
For Linux Ubuntu it's located in: /usr/share/games/openmw/resources/mygui/openmw_edit_effect.layout

Just be careful, since I have not tested this.
EDIT: It looks like it works: http://i.imgur.com/z3H09aW.png
Last edited by jirka642 on 11 May 2016, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
ezze

Post by ezze »

PrimordialBronze wrote:Why the atrocious name yaslm, curious? And do you plan to implement that suggestion about more exp to luck when you fail? Meant your mod not OpenMW however that goes for OpenMW 10fold.
yalsm simply means "yet another level system mod." At the moment I have no plans at all to remake yalsm for OpenMW, I might change my mind when OpenMW becomes 1.0. If I actually do, I have quite a bit of ideas actually, but the main points are:
- both failures and successes counts depending of the difficulty of the task (an easy task counts on failure, a hard task counts on success),
- simple to explain Skill to Abilities influences,
- level-up seamless and natural,
- the starting choices in character creation influence only the starting values.
PrimordialBronze

Recommendations for a program to open "openmw_edit_effect.layout"? Located in Windows 7 @ - C:\Program Files\OpenMW 0.39.0\resources\mygui - Found it just need a program to open it up for me