Morrowind confessions

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
maqifrnswa

Morrowind confessions

Post by maqifrnswa »

I've owned Morrowind since 2003, and never beat the game. When I re-found it in 2009, I tried on Linux (wine) and couldn't get far before then engine broke during the main quest line. I've been waiting for 1.0 before trying again! Thank you all!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Morrowind confessions

Post by psi29a »

This is also my confession... I've never finished the main quest. Waiting for 1.0 to finally do that. :)
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I´ve played through the game like 4 times, completing every quest in a playthrough. Probably read every dialogue topic. Honestly burnt out on Morrowind and wishing for something new.

That aside, the Main Quest is pretty neat towards the end. It does have a slow and tedious part where you do a similar thing 7 times in a row, but worth it all in the end.
Pop000100

Post by Pop000100 »

It is in my opinion the best TES game, Daggerfall was good in theory(DaggerXL keeping that hope alive barely) but poorly excuted, skyrim and oblivion where dumb downed RPGs.

PS. The main quest isn't the reason the game is good but you probably knew that :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

My confession is I powergame super hard. :( Every character I make gets maxxed 100 in all stats before I start any quests.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I always, when I start on 1 level grab Umbra sword, steal admantium/glass armour, kill a lot of dark brotherhood members and grab his armor, steal a lot of stuff and sell this all to crab. And then I go to the master trainers...
gerfall was good in theory(DaggerXL keeping that hope alive
XL is half-dead. In my opinion Daggerfall Tools For Unity do this job much better :)
Vyrukas

Post by Vyrukas »

When I originally played I killed vivec and found out how to brute force my way to the end.
Ferik

Post by Ferik »

I've never seen the regular version of Sotha Sil's Clockwork City.

The first time I played Morrowind's Expansions was 2013, and I downloaded trainwiz's Sotha Sil Expanded on a whim.

Also I once broke the game by hitting Dagoth Ur in the second part of the fight with a Strength of 22000 because Alchemy stacking.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Biboran wrote:XL is half-dead. In my opinion Daggerfall Tools For Unity do this job much better :)
You obviously haven't seen that Lucius has been posting again... ;)

He just recently integrated my softsynth lib (WildMIDI) into his XL engine for HMI (Music) playback. So it will sound better than DFTU currently. (Yes I've talked with Interkarma, he currently uses Unity's built in code to handle MIDI and has no plans to change that at the moment.)
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

I really hated the Dunmer playing the game back in the days. Those arrogant, xenophobic, slave trading, backwater underdeveloped deadra worshiping religious fanatics made me always side with the imperials and their factions. I smiled when I read what happened to them after Oblivion. (I never played Skyrim and I probably never will)