Why won't OpenMW work with Mod Organizer?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
NASSOOR

Why won't OpenMW work with Mod Organizer?

Post by NASSOOR »

Hey y'all

I followed this guide set up Mod Organizer for Morrowind and it is working fine for every executable and batch file that I can find, except OpenMW.

So why is it not working?

Worth to note that MO only supports 32bit executables.
Capostrophic

Re: Why won't OpenMW work with Mod Organizer?

Post by Capostrophic »

NASSOOR wrote:Hey y'all

I followed this guide set up Mod Organizer for Morrowind and it is working fine for every executable and batch file that I can find, except OpenMW.

So why is it not working?

Worth to note that MO only supports 32bit executables.
Since 0.37.0 version OpenMW uses its own file system for data directories. You need to go deeper?
NASSOOR

Post by NASSOOR »

Capostrophic wrote: Since 0.37.0 version OpenMW uses its own file system for data directories. You need to go deeper?
I don't think that answers my question. I am aware of the multiple data folders feature of OpenMW, and this has nothing to do with it AFAIK.

MO uses a virtual file system that is kind of emulated when you launch an executable via its interface. The problem is that OpenMW does not see any esps that are added virtually by MO.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

NASSOOR wrote:
Capostrophic wrote: Since 0.37.0 version OpenMW uses its own file system for data directories. You need to go deeper?
MO uses a virtual file system that is kind of emulated when you launch an executable via its interface.
IKR.
I meant that you do not need MO in case of Morrowind if OpenMW has the same native functionality., just without convenient GUI and fancy virtual file systems: you can install mods in different folders and write paths to these folders to config ini file, which would be read by engine then.

Anyway. I'll be guessing based on my senses.

First, check if you're using 32-bit build of OpenMW, as pre-2.0 MO doesn't support 64-bit binaries (but that's surely bogus if you managed to start OpenMW with MO and you wrote about incompatibility in start post). Then... ur... what's then? :cry:

actually I have no idea why MO doesn't work properly with OMW.
NASSOOR

Post by NASSOOR »

Capostrophic wrote: ...
actually I have no idea why MO doesn't work properly with OMW.
Well, I appreciate you trying to help nonetheless. :D