PSA: scrawl's Patreon

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Mistahtokyo

Re: PSA: scrawl's Patreon

Post by Mistahtokyo »

The monthly goal has been reached! Time for a pizza party!
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

Anyone else having trouble with Patreon this month? For some reason my pledged aren't going through, even though the card I'm using works on every other online store I've tried. Their support is being unhelpful and said to contact by bank, who in turn said that if it works everywhere else the problem must be on Patreon's end and there's nothing they (the bank) can do.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Not me, I got my confirmation mail for June 2016 on 1st July, as every month.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

It works for me too.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

Good to know. I guess it's just me then. If it doesn't resolve itself I'll have to resort to (ugh) paypal...
Ossa

Post by Ossa »

K0kt409P wrote:Anyone else having trouble with Patreon this month? For some reason my pledged aren't going through, even though the card I'm using works on every other online store I've tried. Their support is being unhelpful and said to contact by bank, who in turn said that if it works everywhere else the problem must be on Patreon's end and there's nothing they (the bank) can do.
It's not just you, I'm having problems as well. Have tried to resolve it, without success.
Enetheru

Post by Enetheru »

I'm just going to piggyback on this subject, and yes i was a patron of scrawl before he disabled his account.
Patreon has a minimum donation amount of $1, which means for my purposes I have a maximum of about 10-20 projects I can contribute monthly to before I run out of allocated funds. which is kind of disappointing because I want to support lots of open source projects.

One of my other creators (david revoy) recently put up an account for librepay, and it kicked off some researching into the various crowd sourcing platforms. A lot are for profit, some are completely open source and dont take a cut of the value. librepay appears to be one of the good ones.
It would be nice if the openmw team setup an openmw librepay team, I would donate, and you can distribute the value between whoever is in the team however you like.

anyway, check it out if you are so inclined.