Misplaced wildlife

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Golken

Re: Misplaced wildlife

Post by Golken »

dEnigma wrote:One sneaked up on my while I was resting on the top of the lighthouse in Seyda Neen, together with its mudcrab buddy :mrgreen:
It's entirely normal (happens in vanilla engine) that creatures will appear in odd positions when they interrupt your resting. That's because they're simply spawned next to you, on the same platform that you are... even if it's only reachable via a Levitate or Jump.
But isn't resting in Seyda Neen exterior supposed to be illegal (impossible)? Unless you added a bed there or used a portable bed mod.
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

Golken wrote:
dEnigma wrote:One sneaked up on my while I was resting on the top of the lighthouse in Seyda Neen, together with its mudcrab buddy :mrgreen:
It's entirely normal (happens in vanilla engine) that creatures will appear in odd positions when they interrupt your resting. That's because they're simply spawned next to you, on the same platform that you are... even if it's only reachable via a Levitate or Jump.
But isn't resting in Seyda Neen exterior supposed to be illegal (impossible)? Unless you added a bed there or used a portable bed mod.
Well, I honestly have no idea what happened there and haven't been able to reproduce it :mrgreen:
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

Got a dreugh on land once on some small island north of Dagon Fel (with vanilla engine). And I didn't rest there (might not be true, it was a long time ago).
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Two bugs in one. Fixed!
raevol

Post by raevol »

Nice!
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

scrawl wrote:Two bugs in one. Fixed!
Nice job :mrgreen:
DocClox

Post by DocClox »

Good stuff. Nice to know it wasn't just a glitch :)
DocClox

Post by DocClox »

I uh, I just encountered a slaughterfish. In the basement of the Argonian Mission at Ebonheart.

I'm not sure if this is the same bug that's just been fixed (I'm not running a nightly build so it could be) or if the mission basement is supposed to be flooded and the water is missing.

I'll try and load a save using the vanilla engine and have a look.

[edit]

Never mind. A little further exploration reveals that there is a flooded section to the basement and it does have slaughterfish. This one was just out of the water, which means it's the bug reported and fixed above.