Playing the entire game?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
GingerHunter797

Playing the entire game?

Post by GingerHunter797 »

Hello, I was just wondering if it is possible to play through the entire game, or is OpenMW still unstable or missing many features? Thanks for any replies! :D
Tinker

Re: Playing the entire game?

Post by Tinker »

Several people have played the main quest and most of the side quests for Morrowind, there may be a few glitches with Tribunal and Bloodmoon that are still being worked on. There are a couple of features yet to be added but we are rapidly running out of features for OpenMW. OpenMW-CS still has some way to go.

For most people OpenMW has been stable for a long time, there are some things that are not optimised (well most things really but no point in optimising code that may be rewritten) so some people on some systems may find framerates a bit low.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Try it for yourself! As Tinker says, the gameplay works great. I've played through the original main quest + numerous side quests. My framerates are between 30-60 fps. 25 are the lowest dips. I don't have the highest settings (I don't have some of the reflections on, and don't have the distant shadows on either), but the game looks great anyways. With all settings at max, the framerates drop to something between 18-40 fps. But that's just with my specs. From what I've understood, it varies a lot. Again, try it.

Oh, and if your framerate is low, just wait until the OSG-port. It's said to speed things up.
GingerHunter797

Post by GingerHunter797 »

When will the OSG port be available? I currently get around 10-20 FPS.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

completing morrowind is very possible, (I have done this)

as for Tribunal, one issue concerning the main quest line is when you do Investigate Bamz-Amschend and beyond, as there are a couple of places that uses explosives, the issue, the game doesn't remember the state, so when you re enter the map, the way to the areas are blocked.

you can use the console command ToggleCollision until the issue is fixed.

as for bloodmoon, not sure how playable that is.

but still, the game is still very playable.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

Bloodmoon it very playable, or at least the most of it.
The only thing i haven't done is the last quest : Hircine hunt, but i don't see anything in this quest that might be a problem

All the east empire company and all the misc quest are working correctly
Sterling9578

Post by Sterling9578 »

I am currently doing a playthrough on Youtube and I have yet to run into quest related bugs.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Sterling9578 wrote:I am currently doing a playthrough on Youtube and I have yet to run into quest related bugs.
This one I presume? Good stuff :)
Sterling9578

Post by Sterling9578 »

scrawl wrote:
Sterling9578 wrote:I am currently doing a playthrough on Youtube and I have yet to run into quest related bugs.
Yes actually :) I didn't want to be too self-promoting :)

I am glad you like it :)
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

scrawl wrote:
Maybe we could get a link to it put on the site's main page?