Unarmored skill

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Sterling9578

Unarmored skill

Post by Sterling9578 »

I was wondering if we were going to fix the bug in Morrowind where the unarmored skill only worked if you were wearing one piece of armor.
lysol

Re: Unarmored skill

Post by lysol »

Maybe I should just shut up and wait for a developer to answer (I haven't even reflected on this particular bug), but I think I know the answer anyway so, in the words of Fargoth (and all other bosmer) "I don't know if I can help you but... I'll try!".

Bugs like these don't need to be "fixed" in OpenMW. They just don't have to be implemented in the first place. In other words, yes, the bug is "fixed" if you compare OpenMW with Morriwind, but really, it was probably never implemented at all and therefore never had to be fixed.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

It is also easy to test that iy does not need 'fixing.'

Take off all your armour, or even get naked, then go and kick a few mudcrabs, five or six hits from one will usually push your skill up one point for a level 1 character.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

I tested this a while ago, and the bug doesn't exist, as the max rating when you get the skill to 100 is 65, and this is indeed possible,

you can easy test this by putting following into the console

player->SetUnarmored 100

and don't wear anything, and you will see the armour rating to be 65
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thank you sir I just asked this question on the biggest server they have and just silence... lol at least I see one other person who likes some unarmored. I decided it will be my first maxed skill :D