Wiki page for Mods

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Wiki page for Mods

Post by psi29a »

Or subdivide the mods into lists (different pages), if it gets too big.

Don't forget, we'de love for mod sites to add a separate field: if the mod works with openmw
scrawl

Re: Morrowind Definitive Edition

Post by scrawl »

I'm running on a mac and when I played with the rugged signposts, the game worked fine, but the signs disappeared. The posts were there, but the signs were not.
Are you sure that you installed the mod correctly, i.e. added the meshes and textures to the Data Files folder in addition to the .esp? If that doesn't help, please create a bug report and include ogre.log and openmw.log files.
Magecoerlin

Re: Morrowind Definitive Edition

Post by Magecoerlin »

scrawl wrote:
I'm running on a mac and when I played with the rugged signposts, the game worked fine, but the signs disappeared. The posts were there, but the signs were not.
Are you sure that you installed the mod correctly, i.e. added the meshes and textures to the Data Files folder in addition to the .esp? If that doesn't help, please create a bug report and include ogre.log and openmw.log files.
Yes, you were correct. My apologies. I'm not used to modding yet.
robcbwilson

Post by robcbwilson »

I have added a couple of mods (that sadly don't work) to the Wiki. I raised 3 bug reports based on my experiences thus far. My vanilla install runs with a pretty much maxed out mod list and I am keen to test as many of these as I can. I can't code so am very happy that I have found some meaningful way of helping with this project.
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

I'm thinking of making a report on Creatures X, Economics of Morrowind and Fliggetry's Weapon Project. Might also update the description of MCA clarifying that it does work, but perhaps not to its full scope. Any ideas/feedback/objections?
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

All reports are welcome.

I would suggest to testers if they are starting to test a mod that is large in scope and may take time to test fully that you add is with the staus testing and update the description field with progress. This will save duplicating efforts. For really big mods like Tameril Rebuilt we may need to get a team to test everything.

With regards to mca I have never seen any NPC's added in game and the errors found in the setup script by OpenCS all relate to levelled list instructions that are currently listed as OpenMW-future, there are also missing models and icons as well as missing descriptions. If it seems to be working for you then I can only think we might be looking at different versions, I have 8.1.
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

Tinker wrote:All reports are welcome.

I would suggest to testers if they are starting to test a mod that is large in scope and may take time to test fully that you add is with the staus testing and update the description field with progress. This will save duplicating efforts. For really big mods like Tameril Rebuilt we may need to get a team to test everything.

With regards to mca I have never seen any NPC's added in game and the errors found in the setup script by OpenCS all relate to levelled list instructions that are currently listed as OpenMW-future, there are also missing models and icons as well as missing descriptions. If it seems to be working for you then I can only think we might be looking at different versions, I have 8.1.
Labelling the mods as being under testing seems fine by me. I'm on it!

I can confirm we have the same version. To clarify however, I see much less mca npc in OpenMW (mostly warriors, archers and rogues) than in original morrowind.

As for levelled lists in general, I also have Creatures X, Beasts of Vvanderfell and Enhanced Economics (and not Economics of Morrowind). Turns out I don't have Fliggetry's armor project but I do have Faarp Weapon Complilation Mod. I haven't really seen any mod be particularly more dominant than another so far. Either it is happening without me realising or OpenMW uses levelled lists differently.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

MCA uses RemoveFromLevCreature a lot in the setup script but as that function is not yet implemented the the script fails to compile. There is a warning in scripting for dummies that it not recommend to use RemoveFromLevCreature, and three other functions in the same 'family.' as it can cause problems with other mods using levelled list, I do not know if that will be the case with OpenMW when the functions are added and I am not sure how it currently handles levelled lists.

If you validate MCA in OpenCS you will get several hundred errors reported, as some of these are for missing models it might explain why only some NPC's show up. Perhaps I have not tested it long enough to see anyone.
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

dEnigma wrote:There are loads of purely graphical enhancement mods that work without a problem, but I'm not sure if it is worth listing all of them
Unfortunately that is not the case at this point, as I found a number of bugs related to meshes when I tried OpenMW with MGSO. See my two threads from a few weeks ago for details. And these were only caused by a small number of separate mods in one or two cells, I'm sure there are several more yet to be discovered. Pure texture mods should be fine, but everything containing new meshes can be problematic from my observations. So it's not so easy as to say it's just graphics replacement, it should work.
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

Pherim wrote:
dEnigma wrote:There are loads of purely graphical enhancement mods that work without a problem, but I'm not sure if it is worth listing all of them
Unfortunately that is not the case at this point, as I found a number of bugs related to meshes when I tried OpenMW with MGSO. See my two threads from a few weeks ago for details. And these were only caused by a small number of separate mods in one or two cells, I'm sure there are several more yet to be discovered. Pure texture mods should be fine, but everything containing new meshes can be problematic from my observations. So it's not so easy as to say it's just graphics replacement, it should work.
Of course not (though there have been some fixes related to meshes recently, one of your reported bugs among them), I was mainly thinking about textures, though a lot of mesh replacers work just fine too.