Guards and Torches

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
TorbenC

Guards and Torches

Post by TorbenC »

Hello, I am making this thread to draw attention to a potentially missed implementation detail. Here is a link to the thread I found on Bethsoft that describes it:

Guards and Torches
Chris

Re: Guards and Torches

Post by Chris »

So guards holding torches depends on the cell's ambient color's R+G+B being less than 201, and the cell is illegal to sleep in? Does that apply to general NPCs too? Perhaps torches don't exactly depend on the time of day for exteriors then, but rather that the time of day affects the ambient color of exterior cells (which in turn affects torches).
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Chris wrote:So guards holding torches depends on the cell's ambient color's R+G+B being less than 201, and the cell is illegal to sleep in? Does that apply to general NPCs too? Perhaps torches don't exactly depend on the time of day for exteriors then, but rather that the time of day affects the ambient color of exterior cells (which in turn affects torches).
It appears to be when the cell is legal to sleep in. Makes sense because illegal-to-sleep in cells usually are some sort of man made structure (ie a guard tower) which already have candles, where as legal-to-sleep are natural cave or something with no or few built in light source.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

scrawl wrote:We already knew this: http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/1195
I guess I magically glazed over that when browsing the bug tracker to see if this was already there, my bad.