Adventures in cross-compiling

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Chris

Adventures in cross-compiling

Post by Chris »

Yesterday, I attempted to work through exactly what was needed to cross-compile OpenMW for Windows in Linux. This is as far as I've gotten. Some patches are needed to OpenMW, some to MyGUI, and Boost needs to be drop-kicked.

Firstly, the cross-compiler I have is i686-w64-mingw32 (GCC 4.7.2). This is mingw-w64 as installed in Gentoo through portage's crossdev tool, and is for 32-bit Windows targets. I also have x86_64-w64-mingw32, which is mingw-w64 for 64-bit Windows targets, but my focus was on 32-bit.

Secondly, I had already installed the ffmpeg Windows builds before attempting this, as well as the OpenAL dev stuff from OpenAL Soft. For ffmpeg, I have:
ffmpeg-20121029-git-11d695d-win32-dev.7z (for the headers and import libs)
ffmpeg-20121029-git-11d695d-win32-shared.7z (for the actual DLLs)

The headers were copied to
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/include
(my cross-compiler's include directory), and the import libs (the lib*.dll.a files) were copied to
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib
I also copied the pkg-config files (the lib/pkgconfig/*.pc files) to
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/pkgconfig

For cross-compiling with cmake, I have this toolchain file:
$HOME/cmake-toolchains/xcompile.txt

Code: Select all

# Cross-compiling requires CMake 2.6 or newer. Example:
# cmake .. -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/path/to/xcompile.txt -DHOST=i686-w64-mingw32
# Where 'i686-w64-mingw32' is the host prefix for your cross-compiler. If you
# already have a toolchain file setup, you may use that instead of this file.

# the name of the target operating system
SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Windows)

# which compilers to use for C and C++
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER "${HOST}-gcc")
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "${HOST}-g++")
SET(CMAKE_RC_COMPILER "${HOST}-windres")

# here is the target environment located
SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH "/usr/${HOST}")

# here is where stuff gets installed to
SET(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "${CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH}/usr" CACHE STRING "Install path prefix, prepended onto install directories." FORCE)

# adjust the default behaviour of the FIND_XXX() commands:
# search headers and libraries in the target environment, search 
# programs in the host environment
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)

# set env vars so that pkg-config will look in the appropriate directory for
# .pc files (as there seems to be no way to force using ${HOST}-pkg-config)
set(ENV{PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR} "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/pkgconfig")
set(ENV{PKG_CONFIG_PATH} "")
Depending on how your distro sets up the cross-compiler's environment, you may need to modify how it sets CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH and/or CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Now, to start with I initially followed the MSVC instructions from our wiki, but it needed some significant alterations.
  • Step 1: Install the Ogre SDK.
I got the "OGRE 1.8.1 SDK for MinGW" installer package. Run the installer, and it should extract everything you need to the OgreSDK_MinGW_v1-8-1 directory (I used Wine to run it, but you may be able to extract it manually with 7z). The wiki says to set the OGRE_HOME environment variable, but our FindOGRE.cmake module would refuse to find it that way despite being set correctly. So what I ended up doing was copying the import libs and headers to mingw's include directory:

$ cp lib/release/lib*.dll.a lib/debug/lib*.dll.a /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/
$ cp -R include/* /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/include/
You don't need the import libs in the opt/ directories since we don't link to the plugins directly. The DLLs (which are in OgreSDK_MinGW_v1-8-1/bin/[release|debug]) are used dynamically at run-time.

This is about as easy and straight-forward a step is in this guide. You've been warned. :P
  • Step 2: Install Boost. (alt title: Why Boost Needs to Die)
This is the biggest problem spot I've faced. There's no prebuilts for mingw, so forget about what the wiki says; you're going to have to build it yourself. Just to make sure things don't get too easy, there's some outstanding bugs in Boost itself:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3393 (cross-compiling skips boost_thread)
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4614 (unable to statically link to boost_thread on mingw)
They can be worked around, but be aware of them.

Grab the 1.51 source and extract it (don't start building yet). I grabbed 1.51 because 1.52 and 1.53 have their own issues with us, but if you want to try them, I don't imagine the instructions here would differ.

Go to the boost_1_51_0 directory where it extracted. Since boost is attempting to be the devil incarnate, you'll notice it doesn't use cmake, or even autotools, so there's no standard way to cross-compile. I've cobbled these instructions together from the various sources I could find. Edit tools/build/v2/user-config.jam using your favorite text editor. Under the commented lines for the GCC configuration, add:

using gcc : 4.7 : i686-w64-mingw32-g++ ;
to make it use your cross-compiler. Change the "4.7" (GCC version) or "i686-w64-mingw32" (host prefix) as needed.

Run the bootstrap:

$ ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr
Now build it, making sure to tell it to build as if it was Windows, and to use the win32 api for threads.

$ ./b2 --prefix=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr --build-dir=build --layout=versioned target-os=windows threadapi=win32
Hopefully this part will go smoothly. When it's done you should have a bunch of files:
stage/lib/libboost_*-mt-1_51.a and stage/lib/libboost_*-mt-d-1_51.a
for at least 'system', 'filesystem', 'program_options', 'thread', 'date_time', and 'wave'. Note however how the thread ones are named:
libboost_thread_win32-*-mt-1_51.a
libboost_thread_win32-*-mt-d-1_51.a
You need to rename these to remove the '_win32' part or FindBoost.cmake will fail to find them. After you've renamed them, copy the libs and headers to the cross-compiler's directory (since, as with Ogre, setting BOOST_ROOT won't help)...

cp stage/lib/libboost_* /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/
cp -R boost /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/include/
This isn't the end of the troubles from boost, but it is the end of the section. Now leave this accursed dir and pray Boost will take a long walk off a short pier.
  • Step 3: Install Bullet
Download the Bullet 2.81 source. Extract it, and hop into its directory where it uses lovely cmake. With the xcompile toolchain file mentioned above, it's pretty easy to cross-compile. Just be aware that it doesn't seem to default to any build type, so it won't build with any debug or optimization levels unless you specify one. I use RelWithDebInfo since this gets you good optimizations, without making it impossible to get a backtrace if something went wrong, but if you want, you can use Release instead.

There may also be an issue building the demos because of Glut. Since we don't need the demos, we can just disable them.

$ cmake . -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$HOME/cmake-toolchains/xcompile.txt -DHOST=i686-w64-mingw32 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DBUILD_CPU_DEMOS=OFF -DBUILD_DEMOS=OFF
$ make
If you built using RelWithDebInfo you may have noticed the libs have gotten postfixed with _RelWithDebugInfo. Remove it:

for i in lib/lib*_RelWithDebugInfo.a ; do mv "$i" "${i/_RelWithDebugInfo/}" ; done
Then copy the libs to the cross-compiler:

$ cp lib/lib*.a /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/
You don't need to copy the headers, since they're intermingled with the source. We'll handle that later.
  • Step 4: Install Freetype2
This one isn't hard, but it does seem to require Wine since the Windows prebuilts use an installer. Download the installer and run it as per the wiki instructions. The wiki says to set the FREETYPE_DIR and MYGUI_DEPENDENCIES_DIR env vars, but again this doesn't seem to work (at least for MyGUI), so we need to copy the stuff we need out.

$ cp ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/GnuWin32/lib/libfreetype.dll.a /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/
$ cp ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/GnuWin32/lib/pkgconfig/* /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/pkgconfig/
$ cp -R ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/GnuWin32/include/* /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/include/
Note that because it installed with Wine, the source path may be different depending on the drive, the install path, and the Wine prefix.
  • Step 5: Install MyGUI
[UPDATE: Thanks to some bug fixes, this is now a bit more easier to handle.]
This one has a few minor issues, but they're easy to work out. The first problem is that, when building for Windows, MyGUI won't assume Ogre is in the default compiler paths, so we have to tell it. We can do this by setting the OGRE_HOME env var. It can also have issues linking its demos and tools because Ogre is using Boost, but MyGUI doesn't link Boost when it has to look for Ogre itself.

$ OGRE_HOME=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr cmake . -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$HOME/cmake-toolchains/xcompile.txt -DHOST=i686-w64-mingw32 -DMYGUI_BUILD_DEMOS=OFF -DMYGUI_BUILD_TOOLS=OFF -DMYGUI_BUILD_PLUGINS=OFF
$ make
Now copy what we need out:

$ cp lib/libMyGUI*.a /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/
$ cp MyGUIEngine/include/* /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/include/
$ cp Platforms/Ogre/OgrePlatform/include/* /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/include/
  • Step 6: Install Qt4
First part of this is simple. Download the 4.8.4 installer for mingw and run it with Wine. It might complain about not being able to find mingw, but it should allow you to continue anyway. After it's installed, we can continue on. The next part we handle with OpenMW's cmake run.

And that's it for the dependencies! But we're not yet done...
  • Step 7a: CMake OpenMW
Boost. It needs to die a horrible death. But until it does, there's another fix we need to do. The default FindBoost.cmake module that comes with cmake will not find the static lib version of boost for mingw. The problem is that the boost libs are named libboost*.a, but the base name the cmake module sets for static boost on Windows for non-Cygwin compilers has an errant lib prefix. So there's two options: rename the libs so they're liblibboost*.a, or edit FindBoost.cmake. I chose to edit FindBoost.cmake, which can be done easily without having to actually modify the copy in the system.

First, make sure you have the OpenMW sources downloaded. I strongly recommend creating a 'winbuild' subdir in the openmw root, to keep the build files away from the sources in case something goes wrong. If you ever want to stop, or want to restart from here, just clear everything in the winbuild directory.

Now, from the winbuild directory, copy FindBoost.cmake to the local cmake module path:

$ cp /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindBoost.cmake ../cmake/
Edit this new copy, go down to about line 769, and look for the section:

set(Boost_LIB_PREFIX "")
  if ( WIN32 AND Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS AND NOT CYGWIN)
    set(Boost_LIB_PREFIX "lib")
  endif()
Change the if statement to:

if ( WIN32 AND Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS AND NOT CYGWIN AND NOT MINGW)
Next, we need to collect all the switches we need to pass to cmake. We need our cross-compiler ones, and the one for Bullet's includes. It's also not a bad idea to make sure we have a sane buld type. For some reason we need to specify the MyGUI libs too. We also need to specify QT_INCLUDE_DIR and QT_LIBRARY_DIR. Since Qt was installed with Wine, the path may vary, but it's most likely "~/.wine/drive_c/Qt/4.8.4". I'll be substituting that with <qt_dir> below for brevity. Now because of some quirks I don't fully understand, we also have to tell it where to look for the QtCore and QtGui includes, as well as the release and debug libs of QtCore. When it's all said and done, you should have something like this:

$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$HOME/cmake-toolchains/xcompile.txt -DHOST=i686-w64-mingw32 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo -DBULLET_INCLUDE_DIR=/full/path/to/bullet-2.81-rev2613/src -DMYGUI_LIBRARIES=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/libMyGUIEngine.dll.a -DMYGUI_PLATFORM_LIBRARIES=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a -DQT_INCLUDE_DIR=<qt_dir>/include -DQT_LIBRARY_DIR=<qt_dir>/lib -DQT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR=<qt_dir>/include/QtCore -DQT_QTGUI_INCLUDE_DIR=<qt_dir>/include/QtGui -DQT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_RELEASE=<qt_dir>/lib/libQtCore4.a -DQT_QTCORE_LIBRARY_DEBUG=<qt_dir>/lib/libQtCored4.a
And hopefully cmake will complete! You only need to fully specify these options on the first cmake run in a clean directory, so subsequent cmake runs only need to have changed options specified.

You can try building it now, but you'll eventually hit some snags. So let's continue...
  • Step 7b: Building OpenMW
The first problem you'll run into when trying to build openmw is a duplicate strnlen function. We define one in libs/platform/string.h for mingw, but mingw-w64 has this already. I'm guessing it's only mingw32 that needs this, since it's really lagged behind. What I ended up doing is just taking that mingw32 case out:

diff --git a/libs/platform/string.h b/libs/platform/string.h
index 5368d75..53fdfc2 100644
--- a/libs/platform/string.h
+++ b/libs/platform/string.h
@@ -7,15 +7,8 @@
 #endif

#include <string.h>
-#if (defined(__APPLE__) && __MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < 1070) || defined(__MINGW32__)
+#if (defined(__APPLE__) && __MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < 1070)
 // need our own implementation of strnlen
-#ifdef __MINGW32__
-static size_t strnlen(const char *s, size_t n)
-{
-    const char *p = (const char *)memchr(s, 0, n);
-    return(p ? p-s : n);
-}
-#elif (defined(__APPLE__) && __MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED < 1070)
 static size_t mw_strnlen(const char *s, size_t n)
 {
     if (strnlen != NULL) {
@@ -30,5 +23,3 @@ static size_t mw_strnlen(const char *s, size_t n)
 #endif

#endif
-
-#endif
There's other problems related to mingw32 that I don't think it's worth supporting (old/missing headers, poor default options, etc), and I think we should be encouraging mingw-w64 instead.

The next error is simple enough:

components/files/windowspath.cpp:9:21: fatal error: Shlwapi.h: No such file or directory
Case sensitivity. You need to include shlwapi.h, not Shlwapi.h.

Next up seems to be a problem with mingw's own unknwn.h header. In /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/include/unknwn.h there is this declaration for the IUnknown interface:

extern "C++" {
    struct IUnknown {
    public:
      BEGIN_INTERFACE
        virtual HRESULT WINAPI QueryInterface(REFIID riid,void **ppvObject) = 0;
        virtual ULONG WINAPI AddRef(void) = 0;
        virtual ULONG WINAPI Release(void) = 0;
        template<class Q> HRESULT WINAPI QueryInterface(Q **pp) { return QueryInterface(__uuidof(*pp),(void **)pp); }
      END_INTERFACE
    };
  }
The problem is with that template function, as it causes this error:

/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/mingw/include/unknwn.h: In member function ‘HRESULT IUnknown::QueryInterface(Q**)’:
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/mingw/include/unknwn.h:70:82: error: ‘*’ cannot appear in a constant-expression
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/mingw/include/unknwn.h:70:82: error: a function call cannot appear in a constant-expression
Unfortunately the only way around this seems to be to modify mingw's header and comment out that template function. I don't see another solution until mingw itself fixes it.

Next... Boost (have I mentioned I hate it, yet? because I do). It seems boost/tr1/ headers don't like cross-compiling with mingw:

/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/mingw/include/boost/tr1/detail/config_all.hpp:151:26: error: no include path in which to search for utility
Short of hacking boost's headers, the best way is to probably just disable it for mingw:

diff --git a/components/files/configurationmanager.hpp b/components/files/configurationmanager.hpp
index 765f1ce..4509904 100644
--- a/components/files/configurationmanager.hpp
+++ b/components/files/configurationmanager.hpp
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
 #ifndef COMPONENTS_FILES_CONFIGURATIONMANAGER_HPP
 #define COMPONENTS_FILES_CONFIGURATIONMANAGER_HPP

-#ifdef _WIN32
+#if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(__MINGW32__)
 #include <boost/tr1/tr1/unordered_map>
 #elif defined HAVE_UNORDERED_MAP
 #include <unordered_map>
Next compile failure is with the video player. This also has case-sensitivity issues with its includes (BaseTsd.h -> basetsd.h). Also here is the duplicate definition of ssize_t. As well, mingw doesn't understand __FUNCSIG__, so we can have it use the other one. One more bug to deal with here before going too far is the boost thread bug, which can be worked around by defining BOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB. Boost's threads are also used in openal_output.cpp and indirectly in terrain.cpp, so we'll get those now, too. This patch is the result:

diff --git a/apps/openmw/mwrender/terrain.cpp b/apps/openmw/mwrender/terrain.cpp
index c27dce6..d0c843b 100644
--- a/apps/openmw/mwrender/terrain.cpp
+++ b/apps/openmw/mwrender/terrain.cpp
@@ -1,3 +1,4 @@
+#define BOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB
 #include <boost/lexical_cast.hpp>

#include <OgreTerrain.h>
diff --git a/apps/openmw/mwrender/videoplayer.cpp b/apps/openmw/mwrender/videoplayer.cpp
index 87ae817..8b9066e 100644
--- a/apps/openmw/mwrender/videoplayer.cpp
+++ b/apps/openmw/mwrender/videoplayer.cpp
@@ -1,3 +1,4 @@
 #include "videoplayer.hpp"

#define __STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS
@@ -19,8 +20,8 @@

#include "renderconst.hpp"

-#ifdef _WIN32
-#include <BaseTsd.h>
+#include <basetsd.h>

typedef SSIZE_T ssize_t;
 #endif
@@ -368,7 +369,7 @@ class MovieAudioDecoder : public MWSound::Sound_Decoder
     }

void open(const std::string&)
-#ifdef _WIN32
     { fail(std::string("Invalid call to ")+__FUNCSIG__); }
 #else
     { fail(std::string("Invalid call to ")+__PRETTY_FUNCTION__); }
diff --git a/apps/openmw/mwsound/openal_output.cpp b/apps/openmw/mwsound/openal_output.cpp
index 690b073..55de64e 100644
--- a/apps/openmw/mwsound/openal_output.cpp
+++ b/apps/openmw/mwsound/openal_output.cpp
@@ -3,6 +3,7 @@
 #include <iostream>
 #include <vector>

#include <boost/thread.hpp>

#include "openal_output.hpp"
After this, it will go on building for a while. Don't get complacent though. We get all the way to openmw/main.cpp, and run into a badly cased include (Windows.h -> windows.h). Get that, you you should now be able to attempt to link. The attempt results in:

Linking CXX executable ../../openmw.exe
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/usr/lib/libboost_thread-mgw47-mt-1_51.a(thread.o):thread.cpp:(.text+0x53db): undefined reference to `boost::chrono::system_clock::now()'
../../components/libcomponents.a(windowspath.cpp.obj): In function `ZNK5Files11WindowsPath11getUserPathEv':
/home/kitty/projects/openmw/components/files/windowspath.cpp:37: undefined reference to `_imp__PathAppendA@8'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Boost. Has to get in one last swipe. It seems boost_thread can have a dependency on the boost_chrono component. Add the boost_chrono component (which hopefully built with the other boost stuff):

diff --git a/CMakeLists.txt b/CMakeLists.txt
index 43415c9..7f72a8c 100644
--- a/CMakeLists.txt
+++ b/CMakeLists.txt
@@ -188,7 +188,7 @@ if (HAVE_UNORDERED_MAP)
 endif ()

-set(BOOST_COMPONENTS system filesystem program_options thread date_time wave)
+set(BOOST_COMPONENTS system filesystem program_options thread chrono date_time wave)

IF(BOOST_STATIC)
     set(Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS   ON)
..and we're then down to the last error.

MSDN specifies PathAppendA comes from shlwapi.dll. That is also how mingw has defined it, as it's attempting to import the function. However, mingw does not have a shlwapi import, and instead has it as a static lib, /usr/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libshlwapi.a, thus the method can't be imported even though it should be. The easiest thing to do here is to not use the PathAppend method:

diff --git a/components/files/windowspath.cpp b/components/files/windowspath.cpp
index e8f1a2b..9dd763a 100644
--- a/components/files/windowspath.cpp
+++ b/components/files/windowspath.cpp
@@ -6,7 +6,7 @@

#include <windows.h>
 #include <shlobj.h>
-#include <Shlwapi.h>
+#include <shlwapi.h>

#pragma comment(lib, "Shlwapi.lib")

@@ -33,10 +33,7 @@ boost::filesystem::path WindowsPath::getUserPath() const
     memset(path, 0, sizeof(path));

if(SUCCEEDED(SHGetFolderPath(NULL, CSIDL_PERSONAL | CSIDL_FLAG_CREATE, NULL, 0, path)))
-    {
-        PathAppend(path, TEXT("My Games"));
-        userPath = boost::filesystem::path(path);
-    }
+        userPath = boost::filesystem::path(path) / "My Games";

return userPath / mName;
 }
And there you have it. A cross-compiled openmw.exe. esmtool.exe will also build, but unfortunately omwlauncher will not... it fails when trying to run windres, because it's given the -W warning and -std switches, which it gets confused over.

If you want to attempt to run openmw with wine, make sure to build and run the ini importer:

$ make mwiniimport
$ wine mwiniimport.exe c:/Games/Morrowind/Morrowind.ini openmw.cfg
(substituting the Morrowind path as appropriate). Notice it does not work, due to missing libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll files. With Gentoo, they can be easily copied over:

$ cp /usr/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.7.2/libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll /usr/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/4.7.2/libstdc++-6.dll ./
Now you can successfully run the ini importer. After that, you can try running openmw, but it will also fail due to missing DLLs. They should be easy to find as they should be in the bin/ directory of the appropriate dependencies' packages. Don't forget that with Ogre, you'll want the OIS, Plugins, and RenderSystem DLLs too.

This is as far as I've gotten so far. The Ogre DLLs are looking for libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, but unfortunately my cross-compiler uses libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll instead.
Last edited by Chris on 12 Jun 2013, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
jbo_85

Re: Adventures in cross-compiling

Post by jbo_85 »

Some of the

#ifdef _WIN32
should be

#ifdef _MSC_VER
instead.
mirpa

Post by mirpa »

What's your intention with cross-compilation in the first place?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I can think of at least one: To not need Windows to make windows binaries. ;)
Chris

Post by Chris »

mirpa wrote:What's your intention with cross-compilation in the first place?
To make it easier for us to build Windows versions. Since the majority of devs are on Linux, building and even testing the Windows version currently requires someone with a Windows dev environment setup, and it can take a while for someone to put such a build together. But if we can cross-compile it, even us Linux devs can build and test changes on Windows (via Wine) as we code it.

It also means whoever wants to put together Windows release builds doesn't have to use Windows if they prefer to use Linux or something else.
mirpa

Post by mirpa »

Suse Build Service crossed my mind, but it doesn't support Windows yet.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

For reference:
<KittyCat> success. I swiped a libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll from elsewhere. (Ogre really should ship a version of that in its SDK if its DLLs rely on it)
<KittyCat> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdm-gcc ... p/download
<KittyCat> there's a copy of that dll in that package
Altren

Post by Altren »

I just fixed and committed into MyGUI 1st and 3rd issues you mentioned - wrong header case, and problem with icon (actually wrong case as well).
Chris

Post by Chris »

Altren wrote:I just fixed and committed into MyGUI 1st and 3rd issues you mentioned - wrong header case, and problem with icon (actually wrong case as well).
Cool. That did help, There's still a problem with linking the demos and tools because it can't find boost functions Ogre is using (via libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a), but at least for our cross-compiling purposes, we can just disable building those.