openCS, where to get it

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
TorbenC

Re: openCS, where to get it

Post by TorbenC »

raevol wrote:Maybe we should rename the "Editor Development" forum to OpenCS Development? That is if we've settled on OpenCS as a name?
That's prolly a good idea.
Markelius wrote: I still think the Editor should be called the CHIM kit.
What does CHIM stand for (notice how the question is the first thing that pops into one's head, and I couldn't figure it out so I am forced to ask, that shows that this would be a bad naming acronym for the CS)?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Well, we don't call the Development forum section "OpenMW Development", so changing "Editor Development" to "OpenCS Development would be somewhat inconsistent. I agree though, that OpenCS should be mentioned in the subtitle of the Editor Development forum.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

TorbenC wrote:
Markelius wrote: I still think the Editor should be called the CHIM kit.
What does CHIM stand for (notice how the question is the first thing that pops into one's head, and I couldn't figure it out so I am forced to ask, that shows that this would be a bad naming acronym for the CS)?
CHIM Kit is a reference to 2 things:
  • 1) Similar naming convention to the "Garden of Eden Creation Kit", or G.E.C.K. Kit, which is the name for Bethesda's Fallout 3 editing program;
  • 2) CHIM (not an acronym, but a fictional word, always capitalized) is a fictional state of super-godhood in the Elder Scrolls universe, where those that attain knowledge of CHIM can enact their will like they are authoring reality. Lorkhan, Tiber Septim and Vivec are a few examples of characters who attained CHIM.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Greendogo wrote:
TorbenC wrote:
Markelius wrote: ]2) CHIM (not an acronym, but a fictional word, always capitalized) is a fictional state of super-godhood in the Elder Scrolls universe, where those that attain knowledge of CHIM can enact their will like they are authoring reality. Lorkhan, Tiber Septim and Vivec are a few examples of characters who attained CHIM.[/list]
Ahh you are referring to that. Also, iirc, the CHIM was actually the race of the Dunmer previously, they were cursed and now they have the ashy skin you see today and their voices are also like this because of the curse (forgot who cast the curse and how they earned it).

Vivec is the only CHIM left (iirc but I'm pretty confident in this, I believe it was said in Vivec's dialogue).
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

TorbenC wrote:
Greendogo wrote:
TorbenC wrote:
Markelius wrote: ]2) CHIM (not an acronym, but a fictional word, always capitalized) is a fictional state of super-godhood in the Elder Scrolls universe, where those that attain knowledge of CHIM can enact their will like they are authoring reality. Lorkhan, Tiber Septim and Vivec are a few examples of characters who attained CHIM.[/list]
Ahh you are referring to that. Also, iirc, the CHIM was actually the race of the Dunmer previously, they were cursed and now they have the ashy skin you see today and their voices are also like this because of the curse (forgot who cast the curse and how they earned it).

Vivec is the only CHIM left (iirc but I'm pretty confident in this, I believe it was said in Vivec's dialogue).
They pissed off Azura when Nerevar was killed and the 3 demigods said they didnt need the daedra anymore.
taknamay

Post by taknamay »

Ooh, that actually sounds quite clever :) I like that name.
Markelius

Post by Markelius »

TorbenC wrote:Ahh you are referring to that. Also, iirc, the CHIM was actually the race of the Dunmer previously, they were cursed and now they have the ashy skin you see today and their voices are also like this because of the curse (forgot who cast the curse and how they earned it).

What you're thinking of is not CHIM, but the Chimer race. Like Greendogo said, CHIM (again, not to be confused with Chimer) is a state of being, not a race.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Markelius wrote:
TorbenC wrote:Ahh you are referring to that. Also, iirc, the CHIM was actually the race of the Dunmer previously, they were cursed and now they have the ashy skin you see today and their voices are also like this because of the curse (forgot who cast the curse and how they earned it).

What you're thinking of is not CHIM, but the Chimer race. Like Greendogo said, CHIM (again, not to be confused with Chimer) is a state of being, not a race.
Oh okay, didn't know there was something called "CHIM" interesting.
djalex

Post by djalex »

where i can see any screenshots of it ( ja zobaczyłby zrzut ekranu )