Fun ways to deal with cliff racers and slaughterfish etc

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
eru777

Fun ways to deal with cliff racers and slaughterfish etc

Post by eru777 »

As I’m doing a tourist run of the mainland, exploring the map to its fullest before I venture towards Tamriel rebuilt territory, I have encountered hundreds of low level enemies such as slaughterfish, cliff racers and the like, as I’m sure you have as well.
Of course these enemies help you to level up your character, even by a little bit each time.
As this can get tedious after a while, what methods have you found to turn this into a fun little excursion?
Here’s some ideas:
1) Have a soul trap spell at the ready and once the annoying critter attacks you, cast it on the monster and once you kill it you have a nice soul filled gem to show for it. This can be fun as long as you have enough gems. I need to make a ranged soul trap spell sometime!
2) Find a spell that works on water like a thunder type spell and practice that on the fish that attack you.

What fun methods have you conceived to get rid of annoying low level creatures attacking you as you explore the map?
mikeprichard

Re: Fun ways to deal with cliff racers and slaughterfish etc

Post by mikeprichard »

For realism and enjoyment (especially for cliff racers; the mod doesn't affect slaughterfish), I can't live without the "passive healthy wildlife" mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44675

The rest I leave to Saint Jiub. ;)
Ebonair

Post by Ebonair »

I usually make a spell with a huge area of effect that deals just enough damage to kill diseased cliff racers. Then I fly around with souped-up potions of levitation and collect a huge trail of them, which I kill. They always fly single file, so you can end up with quite a long line of them, and might have to cast the spell multiple times as they shuffle forward in the queue.
Femi

Post by Femi »

thanks for sharing!