A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Bugs of Morrowind

Post by lgromanowski »

Star-Demon wrote: Solved by MCP but can be included:
See MCP.

Not Solved, found in discussion:
"companion normally drinks all healing potions available during a battle (thanks to a Bethesda-bug"

From UESP:
It is possible to capture more than one soul from the same creature. To do so, however, you must have multiple Soultrap effects. Casting the same Soultrap spell repeatedly will not work. If you create multiple Soultrap spells, or mix them with Soultrap enchantments, then you can get a large number of souls when you kill the creature, provided you have enough Soul Gems for all of them, and provided that all of the multiple Soultrap effects are still active when the creature is killed.
By creating a spell which has Soultrap on Target and any beneficial spell on Self, for 1 second each, and then casting the spell at the ground below you, the beneficial spell will end up being permanent. You can do this repeatedly to increase your skills and attributes to godly levels.
When Summoning and Soul Trapping any creature be sure to stand about Six Feet away if you plan to cast Magic on it. Should you be too close, the game code will have the spell target you instead of the summoned creature.

TO BE EDITTED
ap0 wrote: Why you don't write a wiki page, instead of posting this on the forum ?

edit : Err, I don't think this kind of stuff is useful for openmw : we do not plan do re-implements bugs.
sir_herrbatka wrote: I think that ap0 made good point...
Star-Demon wrote: Yeah, I had a lapse of reasoning and wanted to quickly copy paste some quotes I found while surfing other forums in. My bad. Need sleep.

Anyways, while we're here, anything you guys know about that deserves special attention?
Cyber-Kun wrote: Slowfall at any rank removes all fall damage.
sir_herrbatka wrote: Levitation speed is diffrent for PC and NPC. Casting 1 point levitation on NPC dosen't makes her/him slow.
Star-Demon wrote: Page is created, Having a hard time thinking of a proper way to organize it so we can act on these things.

No, ap0, you're 100% right, but lists help us organize and document, right? :)
Cyber-Kun wrote: I attempted to organized the bug list some. The formatting may not be the best, but the core idea is there.
Star-Demon wrote: I like that you broke it up in that category, but I think it'd be better if you used regular headers to separate and preserved the cell headers. It makes it look very confusing and hard to read.
Cyber-Kun wrote:
Star-Demon wrote:I like that you broke it up in that category, but I think it'd be better if you used regular headers to separate and preserved the cell headers. It makes it look very confusing and hard to read.
Agreed. I attempted something basic hoping that someone who knows what category would be better would finish it up.