Needing some help

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Needing some help

Post by lgromanowski »

KaeylKaru wrote: I have managed to install OpenMW on FreeBSD 8.1, however, I would like to enable debugging symbols with cmake, but I don't know how, and openmw segfaults when trying to load Morrowind.esm.

Code: Select all

(Keitaro@kaeylkaru)â(3009/pts/3)â(07:10P:09/02/10)â-
(%:~/Stuff/OpenMW/Build)â- ./openmw
Data directory: /home/USER/Stuff/OpenMW/data/
Failed to initialize GEM.  Falling back to classic.
Loading ESM /home/Keitaro/Stuff/OpenMW/data/Morrowind.esm
[1]    29310 segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./openmw
nicolay wrote: I don't know the CMake options, anyone?

Hard to say what is causing the crash from that little information, but something that is missing from your output is bsa loading. You should see something like:

Code: Select all

Adding /path/to/data/Morrowind.bsa
between the "Data directory:..." and "Loading ESM ..." lines - do you have any bsa files in the data dir? (If so, there's currently a bug that requires them to be named in lower case extension, ie. .bsa not .BSA, that might help.) However, I don't think a missing bsa should warrant a segfault, so there might be other problems.
KaeylKaru wrote: After a complete recompile, I finally got it running. I am, however, somewhat disappointed to find out that it is currently unplayable, but am very happy with what I could see. I really do look forward to it being playable, as I don't have any Windows boxes, and I can't get the actual game working under WINE.