NiTriShape

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
lgromanowski
Site Admin
Github profile: https://github.com/lgromanowski

NiTriShape

Post by lgromanowski » 11 Aug 2011, 20:42

Zini wrote: Had a quick look at the NIF code regarding NiTriShape as root node. As far as I can see, the functionality is already implemented, but the if condition in the loader simply rejects these nodes.
I modified the code accordingly and the warnings went away. Rendering looks okay too, but I can't make out a difference (we really need at least basic mouse-navigation for testing). Is that all that had to be done or am I missing something?
nicolay wrote:
Zini wrote:Had a quick look at the NIF code regarding NiTriShape as root node. As far as I can see, the functionality is already implemented, but the if condition in the loader simply rejects these nodes.
I modified the code accordingly and the warnings went away. Rendering looks okay too, but I can't make out a difference (we really need at least basic mouse-navigation for testing). Is that all that had to be done or am I missing something?
Thanks. In reality there are many node types. However, since I've already sorted these out through the class hierarchy - a node is everything that derives from the "Node" class - I rewrote the entire test to use dynamic_cast instead. (This hierarchy is a guess - it isn't guaranteed to be exactly the same hierarchy that NetImmerse uses internally, but the only thing we risk is more warning messages like the ones we had.)
best regards,
Lukasz