Website

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Website

Post by lgromanowski »

Redmine and Wordpress login should work now - there was a problem with e-mail notifications in Redmine (it's now fixed) and in Wordpress login link was hidden (now it's visible).
hircine

Re: Website

Post by hircine »

great, i have logins on all,

with Wordpress, could we possibly get a CSS style like this:
http://openmw.sourceforge.net/jaws/inde ... about.html
Probably yes, I will try to make it when I finish "importing" issues from mantis.
also, access to post & edit for Zini, sir_herrbatka and myself would be cool.
You have now rights to posting (Zini and sir_herrbatka must be registered first).
been doing a bit of work for the Wiki :)
getting information from moddb and the sourceforge page. been trying to access google cached pages of the wiki, but its just a bit too hard.
Cool, thanks, I will help when I finish mantis->redmine import.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay, tracker is up and running (except for some unregistered developers). What next? The wiki? I think the forum can go last, since it is still good on the original site.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Zini wrote:Okay, tracker is up and running (except for some unregistered developers). What next? The wiki? I think the forum can go last, since it is still good on the original site.
Yes, I agree with you - we should have wiki with a content as soon as possible. Do you know any good mirror of openmw wiki because I can't find any with quite fresh content?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Neither can I (searching for a while now).

On our old forum someone managed to retrieve some wiki content. But I can't find that thread right now :(
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Formulae and Development Environment Setup are restored :)
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

thx

let's hope that we can restore even more.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Let's make a list with unfinished/untackled tasks, so we make sure not to miss any:

1. The old forum needs to be moved to the new one. Each old forum section should get a pinned thread pointing both to the archived forum section and the live forum section on the new forum.

2. Both wiki and forum need a new skin. I think someone mentioned using something like on the very old openmw pages (on sourceforge). I think that is a good idea.

3. FAQ: We currently have an totally outdated FAQ page on the Wiki (Faq), a slightly outdated FAQ page on the wiki (FAQ) and an up to date FAQ on the main page. The totally outdated one must be flagged as obsolete (still need a template). Then either the link on the main pages needs to be directed to the wiki (which would need updating then) or the 2nd FAQ on the wiki needs to be flagged as obsolete too and the FAQ link on the wiki main page needs to be directed to the main page.

4. The about link on the main page needs either to be removed or filled with content. Since we have an FAQ already I think an about page is semi-redundant.

5. The download link on the main page needs to point to google code.

6. The media link neesds to be filled with content. We had two media pages on the wiki that didn't make it into the new one (both with links on the wiki main page). This should be unified somehow.

7. The "The Team" link on the main page needs to be filled with content. We had a page with the same purpose on the wiki (also gone). Needs to be unified also, one way or another.

8. Wiki main page cleanup, "What is OpenMW?" section: Rewrite the section about "Recent Progress" and point it to the main page.

9. Wiki main page cleanup, "Download OpenMW" section: Point the changelog to the tracker (showing the changelog).

10. Wiki main page cleanup, "Latest News" section: Point these links to the archived threads in the new forum.

11. Wiki main page cleanup: "Contributions Wanted" link: I think it should point to the tracker (maybe the current roadmap?)

12. Replace missing pages: "Controls and Commands", "Web Presence", "Tools and Documents", "Branching Policy", "Dependency Policy" (I will do the last two ones).

13. Either rewrite the Github FAQ page or direct the links to a suitable place on github.

14. Check for orphaned wiki pages and either flag them as obsolete or link them.

15. Remove the links on the wiki main page that we can't/won't restore/rewrite.

Did I miss any?
Last edited by Zini on 09 Aug 2011, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

@igro
Can we have link to the main page on the forum?