Customize the "attachment too large" message

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
scrawl

Customize the "attachment too large" message

Post by scrawl »

This concerns the bug tracker. I wonder if we could customize the message to something like:
The attached file is too large (%s MB, the maximum is %s MB).

If you are uploading a save game file, you can drastically reduce the size using a compression tool (.7z, .rar, etc) before uploading.
Is that technically possible?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Customize the "attachment too large" message

Post by lgromanowski »

scrawl wrote:This concerns the bug tracker. I wonder if we could customize the message to something like:
The attached file is too large (%s MB, the maximum is %s MB).

If you are uploading a save game file, you can drastically reduce the size using a compression tool (.7z, .rar, etc) before uploading.
Is that technically possible?
I think it should be possible, but at this moment I can't check it.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

Please don't recommend RAR. It's a proprietary format which isn't well supported by free tools.
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

K0kt409P wrote:Please don't recommend RAR. It's a proprietary format which isn't well supported by free tools.
Since some users might not know about 7-zip and a lot of them have WinRAR installed I think it should be mentioned. I would also add "*.zip" to avoid confusion of less knowledgeable users.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

Then include a link to 7-zip.org. Seriously, there is absolutely no reason to use RAR, ever.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Sorry guys, please don't make proprietary/non-proprietary flame war here. If possible then following popular compressing formats/programs will be visible in bugtracker message: zip (WinZip), rar (WinRar), 7z (7-Zip), bz2 (bzip2), tgz (tar gzip). Developers know how to uncompress such files, and whatever program will be chosen by user from above list it will fine.