English weekly news translation

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: English weekly news translation

Post by lgromanowski »

WeirdSexy wrote:Also, this post makes me want to make a bug compilation video featuring whispered BBC nature style commentaries.
It would be awesome :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

lgromanowski wrote:
WeirdSexy wrote:Also, this post makes me want to make a bug compilation video featuring whispered BBC nature style commentaries.
It would be awesome :D
DO IT
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

WeirdSexy wrote:Zedd, are you a native English speaker?
I'm not, but thought I could make a lot of improvements, and since it's unsure when somebody else who is native English would have the time, I submitted my version

EDIT: I like the gory implementation.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

You know what would be funny? OpenMW: BUGS trailer, hollywood style, with Zimmermanish music and obligatory fragment:
Feature?
THIS…
IS…
BUG!!!
And Zini quote
And now, someone please shoot me.
at the end ;-)
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
another week, another humble request for proof-reading:
Little riddle.

First of all, a little riddle: what percentage of the total script is compiled by OpenMW?

Zini, when he finished wrangle with Bethesda scripting monsters, solved extremely annoying
bug in OpenCS ─ and now Referencables table is working properly when more
than one file is loaded (and this is always a case when we create a new modification,
since it must be based on the main file, such as Morrowind.esm).

Another interesting new feature in OpenCS is the drag'n'drop made by SirHerrbatka:
you can use it to change many aspects of the game, ie. race of independent character,
in fast and easy way. Just simply drag race record in the appropriate field
─ and you're done!

As a result of the Gus, Potatoemaster, and MrCheko activities we were able to fix
a large number of bugs.

And let's back to our little riddle - did you answered 80%? *Bzeeert!* Wrong! 90%?
Wrong again! The correct answer is... 97.2682% (Hooray)! In other words,
almost all of them, and this is the best illustration of the recent Zini's efforts
(some time ago results were around 80%).

See you next week!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Little riddle.

First of all, a little riddle: what percentage of Morrowind scripts are compiled by OpenMW?

Zini, once he finished wrangling with Bethesda scripting monsters, solved an extremely annoying
bug in OpenCS ─ and now the Referenceables table is working properly when more
than one file is loaded (and this is always the case when we create a new modification based on a master file, such as Morrowind.esm).

Another interesting new feature in OpenCS is the drag'n'drop implemented by SirHerrbatka:
you can use it to change many aspects of the game, e.g. race of independent character,
in a fast and easy way. Simply drag a race record to the appropriate field
─ and you're done!

As a result of the combined efforts of Gus, Potatoemaster, and MrCheko, we were able to fix
a large number of bugs.

Let's get back to our little riddle - did you answer 80%? *Bzeeert!* Wrong! 90%?
Wrong again! The correct answer is... 97.2682% (Hooray)! In other words,
almost all of them. This is the best illustration of Zini's recent efforts
(a short time ago results were around 80%).

See you next week!
I reworded some things, and I am not very knowedgeable about some things that were written about. So, make sure I didn't screw up the meaning of anything.

Also, "i.e." can be thought of as meaning "specifically, whereas "e.g." means "for example".
I have one eye color (i.e. blue).
Humans have a variety of eye colors (e.g. green).

:) Thanks for translating to English!
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

WeirdSexy wrote: I reworded some things, and I am not very knowedgeable about some things that were written about. So, make sure I didn't screw up the meaning of anything.

Also, "i.e." can be thought of as meaning "specifically, whereas "e.g." means "for example".
I have one eye color (i.e. blue).
Humans have a variety of eye colors (e.g. green).

:) Thanks for translating to English!
Thanks for the hints, and correction! :)
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

What is "race of independent character"? In fact, I don't quite understand what that whole paragraph is about. What would I drag, and where would I drop it?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

haha, oh right, i didn't noticed it. Bohater niezależny in Polish is Non Player character (NPC).
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
as usual, yet another humble request for proof-reading:
Ode to the (unit) tests.

Version 0.29.0 will be released soon - a momentary impediment are the bugs that were detected
during the RC testing phase. I don't want to delve into the details, but if anyone needs an example
to support the thesis of the key role of (unit) testing, then OpenMW is this example. Fortunately,
things are moving into the right direction.

The latest Scrawl's idea is to streamline the process of starting new game -- terrain data can be
loaded in another thread, so we don't have to watch another episode of "The Bold and the Beautiful"
waiting for the start of OpenMW.

Pvdk in turn, is trying to please grumblers who can't tolerate Wine in their system.
Wine is very helpful with the installation of Morrowind, but I must admit that installing it just
for this purpose seems to be an exaggeration. After all, you can just unpack game archives
(there is even useful library for doing this).

As I mentioned in previous weeks, Pvdk creates a friendly graphical installer for the Morrowind.
The installer is enriched with new features, as well as other minor improvements: it'll verify what
has already been installed and it won't install the Bloodmoon add-on before the Tribunal;
and it'll properly save the morrowind.ini file.

SirHerrbatka introduced the ability to automatically create filters using the drag'n'drop
feature in OpenCS. The expression is created in such manner that it can be adapted to
each column which could hold the corresponding record. For example, when dragging
a record fraction, let's say "guild warriors", into the Referencables' filter field, it'll automatically
appear in the filter, so that the table will display only NPCs belonging to the guild of warriors.

The new method is much more efficient - speed up of filters creation process is quite visible
(even if you write fast enough on the keyboard). The possibilities of this function are a bit wider
than shown example and it'll be described much more in the OpenCS manual in mean time.

Till next time!