News has many many many typos

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
sirherrbatka

Re: News has many many many typos

Post by sirherrbatka »

I'm just checking git logs.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Oh, is that your secret? Here I am, checking the forums at least twice a day, rummaging through the bug tracker, etc. It's all happening in git then.

Shame you are quitting though, herrbatka. You always were enthusiastic in your newsposts and you knew what you were talking about at least.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Well, I want to remain writing PL blog, but as for EN ─ I had enough.
maqifrnswa

Post by maqifrnswa »

I look forward to sirherrbatka weekly updates, and I never felt they detracted from the professionalism of the project. In fact, historically, I have found them to be quite professional.

Release announcments are professional statements, wierdsexy's videos are done professionally (he tries to walk the line between professional and silly, but is significantly more serious than silly) I found the weekly news updates to be a little lighter and casual, but wouldn't classify them as un-professional.
raevol

Post by raevol »

sirherrbatka wrote:I'm just checking git logs.
Are you looking here? https://github.com/zinnschlag/openmw/commits/master Or do you get the info from anywhere else?
MortimerMcMire

Post by MortimerMcMire »

Well this turned out well, problem solved for the future.

One last statement towards brotherbrick,
More professional? Were we professional to begin with? Shit... when was the last time someone here got paid?
You don't have to get paid to look professional. Look at the multitude open source projects that can refrain from posting memes. Look at all of the sites by non-native english speakers who have english spellcheckers in their browsers.

There's a difference between weirdsexy's videos humor and meme humor (hint: one of them isn't funny).
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

MortimerMcMire wrote:Well this turned out well, problem solved for the future.

One last statement towards brotherbrick,
More professional? Were we professional to begin with? Shit... when was the last time someone here got paid?
You don't have to get paid to look professional. Look at the multitude open source projects that can refrain from posting memes. Look at all of the sites by non-native english speakers who have english spellcheckers in their browsers.

There's a difference between weirdsexy's videos humor and meme humor (hint: one of them isn't funny).
I was being tongue-in-cheek, but did you really need to address my statement? Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others wont. That is just nature/culture of the people who contribute here and it is a pity that you would want to make the project appear more straight laced than it is.

I happen to enjoy reading SH's posts, broken English and all. It just makes it more authentic.

Update: Perhaps we can setup a poll here to help get this settled?
Last edited by psi29a on 26 Jan 2014, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
riidom

Post by riidom »

BrotherBrick wrote:I happen to enjoy reading SH's posts, broken English and all. It just makes it more authentic.
Absolutely this. These posts come for long time, in a consistent style and are part of OpenMW's "face", imo.
I'd rather not offer more reasons for Sirherrbatka to step back from that maybe unwanted, but yet excellent executed task :)
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

I completely agree with BrotherBrick.
wheybags

Post by wheybags »

Don't quit Sir_Herrbatka ;_;