Two suggestion for the forum before I can start using it

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
HiPhish

Re: Two suggestion for the forum before I can start using it

Post by HiPhish »

What font is this? It may be just me, but the shape of some letters seems odd (like M looking like a reverse W), can't we just use plain Helvetica?

EDIT:
And now I know why it feels off; you guys are mixing fonts. If you go to the board index where it says "A generic talk on the OpenMW project." you will notice that the letter M looks different than in forum forum messages like here. There it looks like a regular M with vertical lines, here it looks like a reverse W with slanted lines.
Last edited by HiPhish on 26 Sep 2012, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

scrawl wrote:- There seems to be no link to the "view active topics" page ( search.php?search_id=active_topics )
- The "Jump to latest unread post in a topic" button is gone
We're missing all of these: "View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics". They need to appear at the top of the Board Index (which they do already), at the top of every subforum, at the top of every thread page, and at the top of the reply to post page and even the User Control Panel. Look at Dark Fantasy to see what I mean. It may even be on every single page.
raevol

Post by raevol »

HiPhish wrote:And now I know why it feels off; you guys are mixing fonts. If you go to the board index where it says "A generic talk on the OpenMW project." you will notice that the letter M looks different than in forum forum messages like here. There it looks like a regular M with vertical lines, here it looks like a reverse W with slanted lines.
Oh man, thank you for pointing this out, my eyes were twitching but I didn't know why.... We use Arial on the main site.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

I'm going to say the 4 issues I have with this new theme:

1. The text over the board have the same problem as the old, i.e. hard to read against the textured background. It's better tho, since it's not the main text that is hard to read.
2. The way new posts are shown (that small icon to the left of a board), is too subtle. The old way in which bold text was used was better.
3. The brown/orange background color should be altered imo. I don't like the color and additionally I think a complementary color would look better than one in the same color palette.
4. I'm not sold on the used font.

Overall it's better than the old.
hircine

Post by hircine »

Sexyyyyyyy as. :)

thanks guys :)

now to get a fitting avatar.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Another bug, these two buttons bleed into the line below them:
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

There's this odd white-shadow behind all the thread titles:
See how there's a white "shadow" falling on the right bottom side of all the letters? I think it's jarring, and I thought that the color settings of my computer were messed up when I first saw it. I didn't know if it was intentional though.
freem

Post by freem »

hircine wrote:Sexyyyyyyy as. :)

thanks guys :)

now to get a fitting avatar.
Can not say more... this new theme is nice!
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Since this is the thread on the forum theme, I'm pointing out that the forums starts very zoomed out in Opera Mini 7.5
It looks like this initially:
IMG_3290s.JPG
And you can zoom in:
IMG_3302s.JPG
Don't know if you can do anything about it, or it's Opera's fault, since it looks ok on a different android browser. Just pointing it out.
jedd

Post by jedd »

werdanith wrote:Since this is the thread on the forum theme, I'm pointing out that the forums starts very zoomed out in Opera Mini 7.5
Can you try to set another theme in your user control panel and tell me if the problem persists?