Search found 272 matches
Installing RC3 breaks my Visual C++ packages for some reason. I have to repair them from VC_redist.64.exe in order for the RC3 (and all my other OpenMW installations) to work properly again. Aside from that, it looks like multithreaded bullet is working (no warning in openmw.log when using >1 thread...
- 08 Jun 2021, 15:16
- Forum: Feature Requests and Suggestions
- Topic: Stop rain/snow from falling through pieces of environment?
- Replies: 19
- Views: 7999
This is really, really cool.
I'm not actually sure what you mean by map zoom - as far as I know the MR that allows zooming of the world map has will not be merged until after 0.47.0 release. Also, I don't know what you mean by "master" config; are you referring to the settings-default.cfg that users are explicitly tol...
- 18 May 2021, 04:27
- Forum: General
- Topic: What is exactly the point of this project?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2009
Welcome to OpenMW forums. Please read the FAQ on the OpenMW main website as your question is frequently asked. But to sum up, OpenMW is an example of completely legal clean-room reverse engineering and shares no code with the NetImmerse engine at all. Furthermore, it is solely an open-source game en...
OpenMW uses multithreading for many things, but the draw operation is necessarily kept to a single thread. Morrowind's old age works against it; it is horrifically draw-bottlenecked compared to modern games, due to how its assets and world were built. Some mods make this even worse by tripling the n...
Besides the GPU overhead, if the worst case is that it merely looks the same as it does now without the feature active, that's not too bad at all for an optional feature. A more elegant solution that provides extra data, like the checkbox with distance factor, could be developed in the future.
I think it looks superb, and have wanted something like this for a long time. Do you have an example of particles that look blatantly incorrect with this technique? Ones that break the illusion, as you put it. Because if in 90% of cases it looks great, and the remaining 10% have the possibility of s...
- 22 Apr 2021, 08:28
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Great House Strongholds - A preview!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1301
From what I can tell, you'd still have an issue from the other end - enabling the stronghold through the usual quest stage will not actually update the visuals until you enter its exterior cell, so it will "pop" into existence when you approach the area. I still don't know how something hu...