Search found 32 matches
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a way to get a journal entry's ID and index given the existence of https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issues/5625 Also, it's not technically possible to match a recorded entry's text to its editor defined text. Not only are they not unique, they can contain vari...
- 04 Aug 2022, 16:55
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Failed to load save: Expected subrecord STBA but got CSTA
- Replies: 2
- Views: 500
The tail end of that file is just loads of 0s. I don't know how that happened, but maybe your drive is failing.
If the location where you installed Morrowind is any indication, you're using the disk version. Which is fine, but it doesn't install the non-expansion videos because it expects to read those from the disk while you're playing. You can just copy them off the disk and put them in the Video folder. Op...
- 24 Apr 2022, 19:47
- Forum: Support
- Topic: Issue with missing and flipped/upside-down textures
- Replies: 6
- Views: 855
Did you import Morrowind.ini? Your log suggests the BSA files aren't being loaded.
Probably the only dot point I agree with is that phpBB isn't really designed for mobile devices (again, when you haven't been relevant since everyone had smartphones, not surprising). In all fairness to phpBB, its default theme works on mobile (for vaguely current versions anyway.) The OpenMW custo...
- 07 Aug 2021, 10:18
- Forum: General Development
- Topic: Lua scripting in OpenMW
- Replies: 137
- Views: 108594
I really hope when you guys mention MWScript in Lua you're talking about reimplementing components/interpreter and apps/openmw/mwscript and not components/compiler . The latter seems like it'd be a massive pain/waste of time to port. Aside from that I have some concerns about the execution model. i....
- 07 Apr 2021, 17:16
- Forum: Feature Requests and Suggestions
- Topic: On Lua Scripting Limitations
- Replies: 34
- Views: 13285
I don't see how having access to arbitrary HTTP requests or even arbitrary socket connections can cause any real safety issues. Assuming the rest of the sandbox is secure, there is nothing meaningfully malicious one could do with them. Not a safety issue per se, but it'd make it very easy to make a...
- 31 Jan 2021, 11:19
- Forum: Content Development
- Topic: Quick Scripting Question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6951
2. What you did will simply teach the player the spell. If you want the effect applied to the player you can force the player to drink a potion: player->equip p_almsivi_intervention_s 3. A while loop will just freeze your game till it ends. player->OnDeath would be the usual way of checking if an ac...