Marked Improvements, ?fixes

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
yshi

Marked Improvements, ?fixes

Post by yshi »

I'm not sure if any of this would be something that would be considered pre-1.0

Stealing an item not blacklisting that type of item forever
The ability to make poisons would be sweet
Scripted Spells
While not necessary, removing/increasing container capacity
WHY DOES YOUR FATIGUE GO DOWN WHEN YOU RUN, JUMP, CAUSE GENOCIDE?!?!
Better physics(mostly because of the marksmanship)
A button to cast spells without switching stance(unmodded)
Bound Pauldrons and Greaves
Hand-to-Hand based off of Strength
Detect spells causing x-ray vision of sort

Half of the things that come to mind are glitches in the game that should not exist when remade
natirips

Re: Marked Improvements, ?fixes

Post by natirips »

yshi wrote:WHY DOES YOUR FATIGUE GO DOWN WHEN YOU RUN, JUMP, CAUSE GENOCIDE?!?!
I do hope you mean "it should be called stamina and not fatigue -or- it should be reversed full/empty".

In other words, I hope you do not mean "one should be able to jump/run/cause genocide indefinitely without ever having to catch a breath".
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

WHY DOES YOUR FATIGUE GO DOWN WHEN YOU RUN, JUMP, CAUSE GENOCIDE?!?!
When it would go down if you would not run, jump, cause genocide? ;-)
yshi

Post by yshi »

natirips wrote:
I do hope you mean "it should be called stamina and not fatigue -or- it should be reversed full/empty".

In other words, I hope you do not mean "one should be able to jump/run/cause genocide indefinitely without ever having to catch a breath".
Yes that is exactly what I meant. Shortly after I got the pc version I found a plugin that changed all instants of fatigue to stamina. I would LOVE an explanation that makes sense of how you start off with maximum exhaustion, and as you run/jump/climb_trees your exhaustion decreases until you are completely devoid of it, causing you to fail at life.

IMHO it would be cleaner to leave the system the way it is and just change the name. Having a set amount that depletes and then having to work your way out of the negative seems easier to relay graphically than filling up a bar and then showing overflow to be removed. Actually if the bar showed negative numbers that would be the exact same thing I suppose.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

yshi wrote:
natirips wrote:

Yes that is exactly what I meant. Shortly after I got the pc version I found a plugin that changed all instants of fatigue to stamina. I would LOVE an explanation that makes sense of how you start off with maximum exhaustion, and as you run/jump/climb_trees your exhaustion decreases until you are completely devoid of it, causing you to fail at life.

IMHO it would be cleaner to leave the system the way it is and just change the name. Having a set amount that depletes and then having to work your way out of the negative seems easier to relay graphically than filling up a bar and then showing overflow to be removed. Actually if the bar showed negative numbers that would be the exact same thing I suppose.
I wouldnt ask these types of questions. This is a game where you have a mud crab merchant.
yshi

Post by yshi »

Tarius wrote:
yshi wrote:
natirips wrote:

I wouldn't ask these types of questions. This is a game where you have a mud crab merchant.
Yeah, but he is an alcoholic. You can't expect all of their decisions to be sound. :P
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

I like everything except bounding greaves to pauldrons
yshi

Post by yshi »

Wait, what? I was just referring to the fact that there are both no spells that summon bound greaves as well as spells for pauldrons.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

yshi wrote:Half of the things that come to mind are glitches in the game that should not exist when remade
Do not forget that the team is remaking morrowind, not making a new possibly better game. At least until ver. 1.0...
The team wants remake the game bug by bug*, it is needed to obtain the vision of a 100% game compatible with the original Morrowind because some mods works only because of those bugs...(You can see some examples in Morrowind scripting guide for dummies)

Annoying and crazy? Might be. But it is an important design decision.

*actually there might be few, really rare, exceptions decided case by case by Zini.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

ezzetabi wrote:
yshi wrote:Half of the things that come to mind are glitches in the game that should not exist when remade
Do not forget that the team is remaking morrowind, not making a new possibly better game. At least until ver. 1.0...
The team wants remake the game bug by bug*, it is needed to obtain the vision of a 100% game compatible with the original Morrowind because some mods works only because of those bugs...(You can see some examples in Morrowind scripting guide for dummies)

Annoying and crazy? Might be. But it is an important design decision.

*actually there might be few, really rare, exceptions decided case by case by Zini.
Well I am pretty sure things like memory leaks will be fixed.