Is the game 100% completable ?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
lincruste

Is the game 100% completable ?

Post by lincruste »

As the title says, I widh to know if Open Morrowind allows players to finish the game or if it's still WIP. Regards.
Mantar

Re: Is the game 100% completable ?

Post by Mantar »

OpenMW passed that milestone years ago. Yes, it's 100% completable.
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

Yeah, OPENMW 48 Release is flawless - especially when compared to the original engine which was torture to mod and play without constant issues. Other than Script Extender based mods - everything works. :D

My mod active list:
Spoiler: Show
Calibration

Post by Calibration »

But OT but what mod are

Dwemer Airship.ESP
Dwemer Airship_Exterior.ESP

from?

The airship mods on NEXUS that I can see seem ancient and don;t have those file names

Cheers
Cl3v3rP0tat0 wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 21:50 Yeah, OPENMW 48 Release is flawless - especially when compared to the original engine which was torture to mod and play without constant issues. Other than Script Extender based mods - everything works. :D

My mod active list:
Spoiler: Show
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

Calibration wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 17:10 But OT but what mod are

Dwemer Airship.ESP
Dwemer Airship_Exterior.ESP

from?

The airship mods on NEXUS that I can see seem ancient and don;t have those file names

Cheers
The Patchwork Airship - Fleshing out a vanilla quest by RandomPal
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/53133

The other Airship related one is Aether Pirate's Discovery by Billyfighter
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... escription

There are a couple of other airship mods but they require a non-release version of OpenMW - so no thanks.
krogg

Post by krogg »

Is the White Wolf of Lokken plugin working? IIRC, Emma's technique of using leading numeric digits in variable names in scripts messed with OpenMW. I ask because haven't yet gotten my current character leveled enough to go there.
FXN55

Post by FXN55 »

krogg wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 23:34Is the White Wolf of Lokken plugin working?
I haven't played it in .048 but it was working as of OpenMW v.047. I recall that there were a few CTDs in the castle but the mod as a whole was completeable. I have no idea what was causing the CTDs though.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

krogg wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 23:34 Is the White Wolf of Lokken plugin working? IIRC, Emma's technique of using leading numeric digits in variable names in scripts messed with OpenMW. I ask because haven't yet gotten my current character leveled enough to go there.
The problem with Emma's leading numeric digits appears to have been solved in 0.48.

I have played through WWOL a couple of times, probably on 0.47 - as I recall there were some minor problems where quest stages didn't register correctly, but this could be manually overridden. I didn't experience any CTDs. Haven't yet tried it with 0.48.

Loriel