PortMod Ubuntu help setting this up

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
shon242

PortMod Ubuntu help setting this up

Post by shon242 »

Hi,

I'm trying to get portmod installed and working properly on my system. I have it installed but every-time I try to create a prefix, It does not show the arch and my only option is 0 which is no text.

I'm a bit lost looking through the readthedocs. I can't find information on what to do when things go wrong, so here I am.

Seeking some guidance.
bmw

Re: PortMod Ubuntu help setting this up

Post by bmw »

It sounds like it's not fetching the package repository information properly.
Have you run into any error messages when trying to set this up?

What happens if you run portmod sync? Even with nothing else set up yet, it should synchronize and index the "meta" repository (which contains information about the other repositories, which sounds like what you're missing).
What version of portmod are you using (portmod --version)?
shon242

Post by shon242 »

bmw wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 14:52 It sounds like it's not fetching the package repository information properly.
Have you run into any error messages when trying to set this up?

What happens if you run portmod sync? Even with nothing else set up yet, it should synchronize and index the "meta" repository (which contains information about the other repositories, which sounds like what you're missing).
What version of portmod are you using (portmod --version)?
Hi,

I spend some time looking at the errors and the internet and I simply did not have git installed. This is light system, after removing many things. Probably removed git at some point. After installing git, portmod sync worked and everything is going great so far.

Thanks for your help!!!
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Ubuntu doesn't have Git installed by default even before you start stripping things out. It's not like most people just using their home computer will ever need to do any of the things Git does.