Denocking Arrows anytime soon/feasible?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Denocking Arrows anytime soon/feasible?

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

I have no clue how involved the modding of this would be for OpenMW - but it "seems" simple enough for those with the expertise, maybe? I think OpenMW is really hitting its stride but not sure if it can "do" this yet. :?:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... escription
Allows you to press or hold the weapon ready button while an arrow is ready to shoot to denock and save the arrow.

Does the same thing as the Morrowind Code Patch [Game Mechanics, Arrow de-nocker] option, but animated such that you don't have to shoot the missing arrow. May be installed with or without that patch applied to your Morrowind.exe.

Includes a mod config menu where you can choose to instantly denock upon pressing ready weapon, or require that you hold down ready weapon as you release the attack button.

Requires MWSE Lua.

Special thanks to Juidius, Remiros, and Hrnchamd.
sheepy

Re: Denocking Arrows anytime soon/feasible?

Post by sheepy »

That feature is already built-in to OpenMW.

OpenMW-exclusive features - Controls: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... s#Controls
  • Held attacks (e.g. a nocked arrow) may be canceled by using the Ready Weapon key.
FXN55

Post by FXN55 »

sheepy wrote: 21 Sep 2023, 19:01 That feature is already built-in to OpenMW.
Yep. I wasted alot of arrows and bolts before I realized I could denock.
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

Thanks for replies - I must have had a conflict or something - but since I am now rebuilding my mod list from scratch and memory, I'll pay more attention this time to any likely culprits.

I had a firmware related issue that knocked my old system for a loop, so I did a redo on my linux install (after several experiments with many distros) and reaffirmed that Linux Mint is the best distro for my hardware BUT I do have to lockdown the package upgrades or I will lose my Intel Audio due to firmware issues and additionally have to avoid Pipewire like the plague!