How do I get rid of this shade in the distance?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
OpenMWEnjoyer

How do I get rid of this shade in the distance?

Post by OpenMWEnjoyer »

I made a clip to show the issue. Notice the shade that moves when I move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-TQeh-Bzc

I'd like to remove it but I'm not sure what the setting to change.

AnyOldName3

Re: How do I get rid of this shade in the distance?

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Enable radial fog and sky blending. Alternatively, increase the viewing distance so high that you can't see it happening.

OpenMWEnjoyer

Post by OpenMWEnjoyer »

Thanks for the reply. Turns out the problem was the "bloom_soft" shader from the omwfx-shaders pack. No matter where I had it in my load order, the dark blue shade was always there. Resolved this by just using a different bloom shader. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Cl3v3rP0tat0

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 28 Jul 2023, 16:17

Enable radial fog and sky blending. Alternatively, increase the viewing distance so high that you can't see it happening.

Is the inverse true - if I keep my view distance low, I'd see no benefit from radial fog/sky blending? I'm trying to increase performance in whatever way I can, I don't mind foggy shrouded vistas if it ups my performance but I'm not sure what settings are not applicable/resource intensive with my cell setting.

AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Is the inverse true - if I keep my view distance low, I'd see no benefit from radial fog/sky blending?

That's not the inverse. If you've got a really long viewing distance, you can't see the difference radial fog and sky blending make as they only work on stuff near the nd of the view distance, which would be a long way away. If you've got a short viewing distance, then the things they change are really close, so really obvious.