Falling through world if logging a test character into Census Excise Office...

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Falling through world if logging a test character into Census Excise Office...

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

Something I've noticed in windows and linux, different OpenMW builds (47, Dev, 48)...any other place is fine - no falling forever through floor. This would happen whether the game was modded or not - BUT only in the specific cell on a test character. :lol:

Is it just me? :|
FXN55

Re: Falling through world if logging a test character into Census Excise Office...

Post by FXN55 »

No, it isn't just you. It just happened to me when I duplicated your test scenario. The test character isn't even placed within the cell. It started falling from outside and to the left of it. Starting from the Census and Excise Warehouse loads as expected, however. Maybe start there and walk over until it gets sorted.

I'm using 0.48 RC11 on Linux distro KDE Plasma v5.26. It hasn't happened with any other starting cell, at least the ones I utilize. Maybe a dev can chime in?
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Re: Falling through world if logging a test character into Census Excise Office...

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

Thanks for your reply and information

- on my test char, I'd "see" the Census/Excise Office shrinking into the distance "above" me as I fell into the darkness - I did for a brief instant see the interior of the office before that happened.

It was what helped convince me into blowing up my Windows 10 installation on my Tator of a PC and moving to Linux Mint - my performance is so, so much better now - but the the test glitch still happens.

I'm still in the process of building my mod lists (without MO2, Wyre Mash, TesCMD and Tes3Merge :cry: ), testing as I go...modified Enhanced Vanilla build.