fatal error OpenMW 0.48

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
brownanole

fatal error OpenMW 0.48

Post by brownanole »

When I try to start OpenMW 0.48 (release candidate) or its launcher (or the CS for that matter), it crashes immediately and the little window that pops up says "fatal error: failed to allocate crash catcher shared memory". I've tried reinstalling several times and verified the integrity of my Morrowind files on Steam, as well as running the OpenMW Wizard, which doesn't crash. I have a separate 0.46 install that has never crashed like this. My OS is Windows 10. Any ideas on what might be causing this?
AnyOldName3

Re: fatal error OpenMW 0.48

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Literally working on a fix as I write this. We know what we did that broke it (although we don't know exactly why doing that broke it), so can reverse that change fairly easily.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

wait for RC 12.1 :)
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

Finally! I was going bonkers not understanding how I could run OpenMW .47 flawlessly but .48 would crash collector error out without mercy. Also, all the documentation for new users refers to .48 features - makes it it somewhat confusing to use .47 - according to screen shots some major changes to UI and mod setup.

I've been trying to download RC 12.1 but dl stalls around 49% :(