Spam registration wave

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
xXShaddowTXx

Re: Non-OpenMW news

Post by xXShaddowTXx »

lgromanowski wrote:
Necrod wrote:just thought I'd post some non-openmw news... WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!!1!111!one
If you, or anyone else notice any spam posts then please report them (there is a button with red exclamation mark near "quote" button) instead of writing useless posts!
I used the report button. But just so you know, there is no red exlamation mark. It is simply a little black text hyper link that says "report" and it's above the quote button.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

xXShaddowTXx wrote:
lgromanowski wrote:
Necrod wrote:just thought I'd post some non-openmw news... WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!!1!111!one
If you, or anyone else notice any spam posts then please report them (there is a button with red exclamation mark near "quote" button) instead of writing useless posts!
I used the report button. But just so you know, there is no red exlamation mark. It is simply a little black text hyper link that says "report" and it's above the quote button.
Ah, ok. I'm using prosilver se theme so I see red exclamation. We_universal and standard prosilver themes also have similar buttons, only DarkFantasy has some text-hyperlink.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

it was 9 pages of the spam posts so i'm wonder if there is a way to remove all posts of certain user with one click.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

sirherrbatka wrote:it was 9 pages of the spam posts so i'm wonder if there is a way to remove all posts of certain user with one click.
Yes there is, but it requires administration rights (delete spam-bot user with all its posts).
sirherrbatka

Re: Spam registration wave

Post by sirherrbatka »

uuuh grant me administration rights, plz.
xXShaddowTXx

Post by xXShaddowTXx »

sirherrbatka wrote:uuuh grant me administration rights, plz.
LMAO! Sorry just struck me as funny, when I ran a forum a few years back I used to get stupid messages from random people saying this ALL THE TIME! Just funny to see the same message again.

But yeah you should have administrative rights if your the spam cleaner. Or in the very least Super Moderator powers.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

xXShaddowTXx wrote:
sirherrbatka wrote:uuuh grant me administration rights, plz.
LMAO! Sorry just struck me as funny, when I ran a forum a few years back I used to get stupid messages from random people saying this ALL THE TIME! Just funny to see the same message again.

But yeah you should have administrative rights if your the spam cleaner. Or in the very least Super Moderator powers.
How dumb were those people? I have been around forums for a long time and I know that rights dont just get handed out. This is like walking into some random store and asking to be part of administration.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

no?

lgro, we are doing it wrong! :lol:
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

You know what this means though, right?

We're gaining some internet presence.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

yeah, but I still have nightmares about spambot wars on our old forum... Recaptcha was hacked and myriads of bots registered. Every 15 minutes we had to delete spam. And admin was unavailable. :?

So it's not always about popularity, sometimes it's just about lame protection.