recommendations for fast mod testing?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
uwu666

recommendations for fast mod testing?

Post by uwu666 »

hi, I'm experiencing a bug with openmw 0.46.0, the bug is that the npcs that should be walking around the streets of the villages, are standing in the same place without walking, although dialogue with them is possible.
the bug doesn't apply when I attack them and it doesn't apply with hostile NPCs either, because in both cases they come chasing after me.
An important point is that I have some mods enabled, and perhaps some of these are causing the bug

This bug did not happen in version 0.45, having the same mods enabled and in the same savegame

The thing is that I want to find out what is causing the problem, so I need to test the different mods separately, and to do it quickly I would like to know if you can recommend me some way to skip the start (Prison Imperial Ship and Census and Excise Office), and also if there is a way to get some kind of "god mode" to move faster

thanks

UPDATE:
I already found out how to test quickly, by running openmw with the --skip-menu parameter, and then in the game using the commands, TGM, SetFlying and SetSpeed
Atahualpa

Re: recommendations for fast mod testing?

Post by Atahualpa »

Start the OpenMW launcher, select the "Advanced" tab and scroll down to the "Testing" panel. Choose to skip the menu and character generation and attach a script to be run after the game has started. (E.g., containing the commands you listed in your post.)

I hope that helps.