Factions

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
gus

Re: Factions

Post by gus »

Thanks! (i know i'm late^^)

The implementation of factions is nearly finished, at least for the player. (There are script instructions about NPC, but i'm less sure of what to do with them..)

But there seems to be a bug in NPC::load. Faction rank is as far as I can see not loaded (and gold too it seems). And that break some dialogues.
Zini

Post by Zini »

The NPC records come in two variants. Once with a 12 byte data structure and one with a 52 byte data structure. I am not entirely sure what this is good for and most likely we are not handling it properly in some places.
gus

Post by gus »

The task *should* be finished, but some testing is needed.
I also commited some code that disable skill loading for NPC when there is no skill info in the ESM file. It might break other stuff (but the skills loaded were obviously wrong, so...)
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I've tested your branch. Apparently your connection lost on irc and you didn't get my comments:

Code: Select all

<scrawl> gus_: it's better than last time. in the mages guild, i don't get tasks from the guild leader now when i join
<scrawl> however in original mw she says a slightly different text
<scrawl> openmw: For a %PCRank I don't have any tasks. But maybe you're ready for an advancement.
<scrawl> in morrowind: for a %PcRank I don't have any tasks. Come back when you've proven yourself. In the meantime, speak with Ajira. She might have some small tasks for you.
<scrawl> (this is not the actual text, i translated it from german)
<scrawl> yay, i can join thieves guild in balmora now :)
<scrawl> when i take a quest and then talk about this topic again, i also get the journal update again
<scrawl> not sure if thats your fault or the journal's fault
<scrawl> i'm actually able to complete the first thieves guild quest :)
<scrawl> you only have to steal a diamond
<scrawl> and he recognized that i've got the diamond
<scrawl> error line 4, column 11 (ModPCFacRep)
<scrawl>     Unexpected name
<scrawl> unimplemented faction script command?
gus

Post by gus »

Thanks! I will have a look at that.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Just a thought: Could the 12 byte NPC data structure represent a NPC with automatically calculated stats? I think we have some formulae on the wiki about that.
gus

Post by gus »

Probably.
gus

Post by gus »

The missing things scrawl discovered are all about reputation/faction reputation. Do i implement reputation or is it a task for another day?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Considering that we are close to the release and that we already have a separate issue for reputation in the tracker, I think the later.

btw. have you updated the stats window with the faction data? If not and if it would take too long, we can make that also into a separate task (for 0.15.0.).
gus

Post by gus »

ah, completely forgot about it :p