Different languages on website

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Different languages on website

Post by lgromanowski »

Sir_Herrbatka asked on IRC about "button" which swaps between news in different languages (It was a good idea, why I didn't think about it earlier?)... and here it is :) There is a possibility to switch to different language, there is also auto-detection of language based on what is set in a browser. Right now there is only button with English language, but when translated news would appear, there will be more choices visible. 8-)

// EDIT: If you are subscribed to news / comments RSS feed, then you need to do it again because URL has changed. Sorry for inconvenience.
sirherrbatka

Re: Different languages on website

Post by sirherrbatka »

Cool!

From now on I will also write news in polish. If someone is bored enough to translate news to other languages You are probably welcome. :-)
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

I can translate them to french.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Consult with lgro to get appropriate rights. :-)
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

ap0 wrote:I can translate them to french.
sir_herrbatka wrote:Consult with lgro to get appropriate rights. :-)
Just let me know what is your user name on website and I will add you appropriate rights :)
freem

Post by freem »

I guess ap0 took some holidays.
So I was thinking that while he is not able to do so, I could translate french news, if it is possible?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

freem wrote:I guess ap0 took some holidays.
So I was thinking that while he is not able to do so, I could translate french news, if it is possible?
First you need to talk with SirHerrbatka, and if he agree then I will grant you rights to posting on mainsite. :)
freem

Post by freem »

I guess he will read that thread, so I'll wait.

In fact, I did not thought to have a reply in so few time :D
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

What makes you think so?

At the moment i have no contact with ap0 and I have no idea when he will be back so if someone wants to take this task for a moment or two I have nothing against it.
freem

Post by freem »

sirherrbatka wrote:
What makes you think so?
Because AFAIK you are an active member of this project, and so, assuming that you will read things in less than 2 days does not seem so stupid for me.
And for the wait, I simply do not think that this is really urgent, so sending you a private message did not seem very appropriate for me. (I usually use such things only for urgent things or things which only concern very few people)
Sorry if my reply was inappropriate.
sirherrbatka wrote: At the moment i have no contact with ap0 and I have no idea when he will be back so if someone wants to take this task for a moment or two I have nothing against it.
As I said, the time when he does not give news, I could do this.
His work is very good, and I do not want to take his place, but it seem he were not able to translate things those days. (Maybe not enough time? I do not know if he is French, but if yes, July and August are traditional periods for holidays and it might be the reason why he is not able to continue. Lack of computer access, maybe?)
So, I propose my help. When he'll be back, I'll just stop translations and let him continue. You could see that as interim.