Newbie here going into Morrowind for the first time, any suggestions/advice/ whatever else for me?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
1Mac

Re: Newbie here going into Morrowind for the first time, any suggestions/advice/ whatever else for me?

Post by 1Mac » 04 Apr 2019, 19:29

I looked at his list. Worth mentioning again that the current version of PfP makes Delayed DB Attack and similar mods unnecessary.

Also, it's worth noting that Morrowind Rebirth is a controversial choice. I haven't tried it myself, but I know that not everyone likes the changes it makes, and that it's incompatible with many other mods. Also, the TR team doesn't recommend it since the two mods have different ideas of balance that throw Morrowind Rebirth out of kilter. But maybe this is all considered in the video. Perhaps I should watch it; I usually enjoy Zaric's videos.

kuyondo

Re: Newbie here going into Morrowind for the first time, any suggestions/advice/ whatever else for me?

Post by kuyondo » 05 Apr 2019, 16:34

Huge patience and the will to learn is all you need. Trust me.

Ebonair

Post by Ebonair » 05 Apr 2019, 17:09

I've scraped together a list of pro tips that may help the new adventurer:
  • Don't look for a good time in Maar Gan.
  • "Move along, scum." is Dunmer for "Have a nice day."
  • Enjoy the U-Pick fruit lots that dot the Ascadian Isles. (Argonians only)
  • The proper utensil for eating live Bull Netch is the salad fork, never the dessert fork.
  • An Ordinator helmet makes a striking and bold fashion statement.
  • Dwemer ruins are tourist traps.
  • If you hate cliff racers, you're not alone. Only you are alone, and so very far from safety.
  • A spell of Burden is about as useful as a glass shield.
  • The correct way to honor your ancestors is to animate their rotting corpses and have them shamble about in a grotesque parody of life. But do not practice necromancy - that is evil and forbidden.
  • And generally just don't be a S'wit.