Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
reddragon72
Posts: 17
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 16 Apr 2019, 13:56

Laicus wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 07:29
reddragon72 wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 22:23
I have taken some screenshots of the water issue I am talking about.
In the settings menu, turn off the refraction of water.
Yep figured that one out thank thought. Just letting the dev know in case it wasn't covered already.

Runs really good with that on. Don't remember back in 2002 if it ran this good on my PC but having it in my pocket is amazing!

Image

Laicus
Posts: 21
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 08:35

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus » 16 Apr 2019, 15:45

reddragon72 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 13:56
Runs really good with that on. Don't remember back in 2002 if it ran this good on my PC but having it in my pocket is amazing!
It will run even better if you activate small feature culling and distant terrain in the settings.cfg.
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... re-culling
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... nt-terrain

reddragon72
Posts: 17
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 16 Apr 2019, 17:17

Laicus wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 15:45
reddragon72 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 13:56
Runs really good with that on. Don't remember back in 2002 if it ran this good on my PC but having it in my pocket is amazing!
It will run even better if you activate small feature culling and distant terrain in the settings.cfg.
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... re-culling
https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... nt-terrain
For Android where is the cfg? All the posts I have read say that editing it doesn't stick.

Laicus
Posts: 21
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 08:35

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus » 16 Apr 2019, 17:41

reddragon72 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 17:17
For Android where is the cfg? All the posts I have read say that editing it doesn't stick.
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/config/openmw

[Camera]
viewing distance = 240000 ; You can increase visible distance (my value).
small feature culling = true ; Small objects disappear in the distance. Greatly increases fps.
small feature culling pixel size = 16 ; objects smaller than this size are not drawn (my value).

[Terrain]
distant terrain = true ; Makes visible distant terrain and increases fps.

[Cells]
exterior cell load distance = 2 ; Number of loaded cells. With value of 2 or more, the game looks much better, but decreases fps.
Spoiler: Show

reddragon72
Posts: 17
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 16 Apr 2019, 18:32

Laicus wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 17:41
reddragon72 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 17:17
For Android where is the cfg? All the posts I have read say that editing it doesn't stick.
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/config/openmw

[Camera]
viewing distance = 240000 ; You can increase visible distance (my value).
small feature culling = true ; Small objects disappear in the distance. Greatly increases fps.
small feature culling pixel size = 16 ; objects smaller than this size are not drawn (my value).

[Terrain]
distant terrain = true ; Makes visible distant terrain and increases fps.

[Cells]
exterior cell load distance = 2 ; Number of loaded cells. With value of 2 or more, the game looks much better, but decreases fps.
Spoiler: Show
Applied those. Will see how it looks.
Thanks a ton!

Also wanting to apply a graphics patch. I answered in a different thread here so it's probably right below this thread. Looked pretty good.


UPDATE: now everything is whited out. I need to roll back one build and see what happens.

Laicus
Posts: 21
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 08:35

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus » 16 Apr 2019, 19:45

reddragon72 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 18:32
UPDATE: now everything is whited out. I need to roll back one build and see what happens.
This is a fog problem in GLES2 with a large drawing distance, you need to turn on the "distant fog" and set the values so that from the beginning to the end of the fog there is not more than 16000.
Example:
[Fog]
use distant fog = true
distant land fog start = 164000
distant land fog end = 180000
distant underwater fog start = -1024
distant underwater fog end = 15000
distant interior fog start = 32768
distant interior fog end = 32768

Or switch to GLES1, with a drawing distance greater than 50000, water is almost not buggy, but shaders do not work (but fps is higher).

If nothing is visible underwater, in the openmw.cfg file, decrease values, for example, like this:
fallback = Water_UnderwaterSunriseFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterDayFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterSunsetFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterNightFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterIndoorFog, 1.5

And read private message.

reddragon72
Posts: 17
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 16 Apr 2019, 20:05

Laicus wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 19:45
reddragon72 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 18:32
UPDATE: now everything is whited out. I need to roll back one build and see what happens.
This is a fog problem in GLES2 with a large drawing distance, you need to turn on the "distant fog" and set the values so that from the beginning to the end of the fog there is not more than 16000.
Example:
[Fog]
use distant fog = true
distant land fog start = 164000
distant land fog end = 180000
distant underwater fog start = -1024
distant underwater fog end = 15000
distant interior fog start = 32768
distant interior fog end = 32768

Or switch to GLES1, with a drawing distance greater than 50000, water is almost not buggy, but shaders do not work (but fps is higher).

If nothing is visible underwater, in the openmw.cfg file, decrease values, for example, like this:
fallback = Water_UnderwaterSunriseFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterDayFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterSunsetFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterNightFog, 1.5
fallback = Water_UnderwaterIndoorFog, 1.5

And read private message.
Applied all that and it looks great but man the FPS has dropped in several places. I'll keep tweaking.

Image

Laicus
Posts: 21
Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 08:35

Re: Android part 2

Post by Laicus » 16 Apr 2019, 20:25

reddragon72 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 20:05
Applied all that and it looks great but man the FPS has dropped in several places. I'll keep tweaking.
To increase fps you can use these mods. If you install texture mods, then Atlas is better not to use, or read the instruction.
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45384
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45399

Tecumseh1976
Posts: 10
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 11:06

Re: Android part 2

Post by Tecumseh1976 » 17 Apr 2019, 01:58

Has anyone had any luck getting changes to cfg files to stick? I have tried everything I can think of to add esp files. However, every time I launch the games the esp files I added go back to the previous state. I am using a S4 Samsung tablet and explorer pro.

reddragon72
Posts: 17
Joined: 06 Apr 2019, 20:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by reddragon72 » 17 Apr 2019, 02:39

Tecumseh1976 wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 01:58
Has anyone had any luck getting changes to cfg files to stick? I have tried everything I can think of to add esp files. However, every time I launch the games the esp files I added go back to the previous state. I am using a S4 Samsung tablet and explorer pro.
There was something about having to add just the directory for the esp files and not each one in their separate directory.

Here is some good reading.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4927

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Laicus, xyzz and 1 guest