Dialogue GUI/System

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

Re: Dialogue GUI/System

Post by Zini »

No. It shows up just by talking to this NPC.
gus

Post by gus »

From Zini on github:
The argument list in registerInstruction is wrong. Actually the syntax for the choice function isn't fully supported. As a possible workaround i suggest using "/SlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSlSl".
Doesn't work. But if there are two choice, "SlSl" will work (but not "SlSlSl")... note that there is a maximum of 5 choices. I will continue to work with only "SlSl" to implement the features, but it probably won't work with more than 2 choices.
BTW, what does "Sl" mean?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Doesn't work.
Define "does't work. It should. Note that the / in the beginning is important.
BTW, what does "Sl" mean?
Argument types: a string and an integer (MW-long).
gus

Post by gus »

Define "does't work
No compilation error, but the function isn't called.
Note that the / in the beginning is important.
It's here.
Argument types: a string and an integer (MW-long).
Thx!
gus

Post by gus »

Okay, it's nearly done. What's left is the scripting argument problem.

Also, this task won't be finished until 1.0 as there are more than 71 filters waiting to be filled which require stuff openmw don't support yet.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Also, this task won't be finished until 1.0 as there are more than 71 filters waiting to be filled which require stuff openmw don't support yet.
Can you elaborate more? Is see some faction related stuff missing and the functions (btw. without these the choices system won't work properly).
gus

Post by gus »

alarm,alarmed,attacked, detected,rank, reputation, PC vampire, PC willpower,...

But indeed, the dialogue system won't work properly until they are filled. For example, ATM half of the time you are head of the faction, half of the time, you are expelled...
I was thinking that I could implement faction in my next task.
Zini

Post by Zini »

mMostRecentSectorTemplate
Some of these could be implemented.

The only documentation about the INFO record I have is the one from the UESP and that is lacking in the function area. Do you have anything better?

Edit: Can we use reasonable default values for functions for now? In its current state the dialogue system is barely usable. Since it will be one of the main features of this release, that would not look good.
gus

Post by gus »

mMostRecentSectorTemplate
What is that?
The only documentation about the INFO record I have is the one from the UESP and that is lacking in the function area. Do you have anything better?
No. To know which number was associated to the choice function i had to check in TES and then print it in openmw....
Edit: Can we use reasonable default values for functions for now? In its current state the dialogue system is barely usable. Since it will be one of the main features of this release, that would not look good.
Well maybe yes. It's already more or less the case. But having a default value for every filter (or even every important filter) will take time.

Anyway, that does not solve the choice script function problem. About that, there is a maximum of 5 choices (ie 10 arguments: 5 string and 5 int).
BTW, the arg0 value seems to be wrong.
Zini

Post by Zini »

What is that?
Lol! Was trying to quote from your previous post and instead inserted a piece of code from the software I am working on right now (not OpenMW related).
Anyway, that does not solve the choice script function problem. About that, there is a maximum of 5 choices (ie 10 arguments: 5 string and 5 int).
BTW, the arg0 value seems to be wrong.
I am still not sure I understand what exactly the problem is. Can you give me an example location/NPC/topic, so I can test I myself?
Well maybe yes. It's already more or less the case. But having a default value for every filter (or even every important filter) will take time.
Really? I mean you already have the list, right? So you would only have to add a single switch construct that produces a value for each function that at least makes roughly sense.