Elder-scrolls IV Oblivion

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Starsheep

Re: Elder-scrolls IV Oblivion

Post by Starsheep » 14 Jun 2018, 22:37

Seeing a Dunmer walking the streets of Washington, D.C. gave me a very strange sensation.
It's hard to describe, it's like two distinct parts of my brain, two worlds strictly sandboxed from each other in the libraries of my consciousness are colliding and meet for the first time.

It is... disturbing.

<wakes up>
Oh, it's not a dream, it's real. Damn.

A real mind opener. Now I can see Fargoth in a power armor so that he can settle accounts with everyone in Seyda Neen

tomangelo

Post by tomangelo » 14 Jun 2018, 23:46

<insert wat meme here>

I guess this could be a possibility to bring some Fallout fans to help developing engine and CS to work with both games. In the end, unless features of game A doesn't break features of game B, then it's a benefit for engine. Playing both games on continuously developed, OS-independent (of course in terms of agreement with Bethesda about other architectures ports) and probably more futureproof engine? Sounds good IMHO.

monyarm
Github profile: https://github.com/monyarm

Post by monyarm » 15 Jun 2018, 17:49

This is great, though why do some of the textures look weird, and when you went in the interior cell, why is half of it blue ?

tomangelo

Post by tomangelo » 17 Jun 2018, 13:42

Maybe different lightning, or some differences in post-processing between both games?