Testing scripts in Russian and Polish morrowind versions

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
scrawl

Testing scripts in Russian and Polish morrowind versions

Post by scrawl »

Anyone have access to these versions? I would be interested in the output you get when running openmw with the --script-all and --script-all-dialogue switch (Edit: fixed typo), respectively. Note the latter one was added in a recent git version (1f74d8cca520438fce8b588af2ad79c2795b6d03) of OpenMW.
So far I tested using the french, german and english versions which I could download via steam, and found a couple of bugs in each.
If you're wondering why the scripts would be different in other MW localisations, it's because the engine does not properly support localisations and the translator teams screwed up. Read https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... cript_bugs for hilarity.
Last edited by scrawl on 14 Dec 2014, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
densm27

Re: Testing scripts in Russian and Polish morrowind versions

Post by densm27 »

Here is the output with --script-all from Russian version. I'm running Ace's 32-bit build on Win7 64.
Speaking about --script-dialogue-all, i've got some strange issues with it. I got some output from it once - there was a whole lot of warnings, and finally a line like "all of dialogue script/actor combinations were compiled", but I screwed up with saving that.. After that, i never got any additional output with that flag..
How is it supposed to be used? Should it be used with or instead --script-all? (anyways, I tried both). Should I just run OpenMW or start a new game/load saved game?
Attachments
script_all.txt
(16.2 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Should I just run OpenMW or start a new game/load saved game?
Run OpenMW, wait for the main menu to load, done.
How is it supposed to be used? Should it be used with or instead --script-all?
Doesn't matter, you could use both switches at once and then copy the output, or use them separately.

Looks like we have a winner right here:
error line 298, column 1 ()
incomplete string or name
error line 298, column 2 (т)
syntax error
compiling failed: playscript
Now we need to know what that script contains. Please add the --script-verbose switch and post the output again (sorry, should have told you that before). Also I made a mistake in the first posting, the dialogue switch is called --script-all-dialogue. So, to sum up:
./openmw --script-all --script-all-dialogue --script-verbose
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
here is an output of "--script-all --script-all-dialogue --script-verbose" from Polish version of Morrowind:
script.txt.bz2
(12.17 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
(just started a new game and go through char gen dialogue).
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Thanks lgro! Surprisingly, there were no surprises in that output. :lol:
densm27

Post by densm27 »

Well, here is the updated version.
Looks like the bad guys are "sound_waterfall" (same as in lgro's report) and "playscript".
Encoding has gone mad in the output, but from CS it looks like the error in playscript is caused by using all imaginable styles of quotes in one MessageBox (image attached)

--script-all-dialogue is also there, with some good news:
compiled 2945545 of 2945545 dialogue script/actor combinations a(100%)
Attachments
quotes_playscript.jpg
script.zip
(24.32 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

The sound_waterfall issue is occuring in all versions of the game and was already known (bug #2205).
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

densm27 wrote: Encoding has gone mad in the output, but from CS it looks like the error in playscript is caused by using all imaginable styles of quotes in one MessageBox (image attached)
The quotes shouldn't be an issue. There are different types of quotes in those lines, only the " variant should be picked up as string separator.
I think the issue is the extra newlines, all of the MessageBox instruction should be on the same line, but it is split across 3 lines.
Could you please copy and paste the lines 297-299 into this forum? Difficult to make out all the exact characters that are used just from the screenshot.
densm27

Post by densm27 »

scrawl wrote:
densm27 wrote: Encoding has gone mad in the output, but from CS it looks like the error in playscript is caused by using all imaginable styles of quotes in one MessageBox (image attached)
The quotes shouldn't be an issue. There are different types of quotes in those lines, only the " variant should be picked up as string separator.
I think the issue is the extra newlines, all of the MessageBox instruction should be on the same line, but it is split across 3 lines.
Could you please copy and paste the lines 297-299 into this forum? Difficult to make out all the exact characters that are used just from the screenshot.
Yes, after posting that I looked into CS again and realized that those quotes marked by arrows on the image are actually the same chars. Still don't understand why do they look so..different. It took all my attention,so I just didn't think of those line breaks :)
MessageBox, "Выберите реплику", "Он мертв. Его последними словами были
“крепость” и “Ксен.”", "Он мертв. Его последними словами были
“замок” и “Ксир.”", "Он мертв. И он знал твоео хозяина."
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Ok. I pasted that into the TES-CS, but it refuses to compile the script. Could you check whether the quest is working ingame (using the original morrowind engine)? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:A_Star_is_Born