OpenMW/OpenCS and Blender

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
sirherrbatka

Re: OpenMW/OpenCS and Blender

Post by sirherrbatka »

Yes. Or raid. Or go crazy and make a huge ram disk.
Rumina

Post by Rumina »

Tes96 wrote:You mean like having a solid state drive as opposed to a traditional hard drive?
I'm no tech guy, but it makes sense, you would probably be bottle-necked by your HDD read speed rather than your CPU's maximum load. You'd also need a motherboard that supports your SSD's transfer rate (6gbps SATA or something for good SSDs) or you're just wasting money.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Will OpenCS allow for a filter of some sort so that certain NPCs, such as Ashlanders, won't say specific random voiced dialogue bits such as "Where's that slave? Here not long ago."
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Is there going to be an import/export feature for filters?
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Apart from Greendogo's question of having an export/import feature for filters, I have a question about the Enchantments. Can we have OpenCS show what enchantment and spell is used for scrolls in the Book tab? This would be very helpful because as of now I have to double-click on the scroll to see what enchantment is used and then I have to go to the Enchanting tab and double-click the Enchantment to see what spell effects are used, and then I know what the scroll does. Quite a hassle just to find out what spell a scroll will cast.

So I'm picturing a type of layout like in Microsoft Excel, which is kind of what the CS already looks like. Something where I could see the Scroll, and then the name of the enchantment and then the spell effects, etc... that way you could tell exactly what a particular scroll did instead of having to switch tabs.
Zini

Post by Zini »

There are currently no plans to include information in a table that are not part of the record stored in the table (I suspect that would be problematic performance-wise). But this isn't TES-CS. We don't have tabs. And you certainly won't have to look up an enchantment from a scroll in the enchantment table to figure out what it does. Eventually (once someone can be bothered to implement it) we will be able to open a dialogue subview from the table.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

someone can be bothered to implement it
Once i finally finish with my current work.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Excellent.

@Tes96 There you go.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Thanks. It's always annoying to have to fish through 2 different tabs to find out what a scroll does.

Question, who is Mr. OpenMW from youtube? Is he the administrator here?

And in the next OpenMW video, could we get more insight into what can be done with the OpenCS? The videos are getting a little boring since not much else needs to be done except bugs and whatnot. I'm so anxious to see when we will have the ability to have new skills and attributes added and have the ability to create new formulas for what skills will do.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Tes96 wrote:Question, who is Mr. OpenMW from youtube? Is he the administrator here?
You mean, who makes the videos? Because that's WeirdSexy.