Multiple water levels & sizes and High object count?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
ezze

Re: Multiple water levels & sizes and High object count?

Post by ezze »

Lets see, are those the points?

- OpenMW does not need that,
- It is to hard for the OpenMW team resources to do that.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

I'd argue mostly on the A; even if implementing dynamic, physically modeled water is possible and feasible, it's not worth the performance hit on run-time nor the incompatibilities that might come from having it be an optional feature.
ezze

Post by ezze »

I don't know, perhaps some nice quest can come from it. However, personally I find little use to everything more than classic Game Master sentence: "Water enters from somewhere, its level slowly goes up... You have little time!"

Of course followed by players stating "We are argonians, we breath water as well as air..." and the Master continues as nothing happened: "besides, the water has a weird smell too, you are not sure it is safe to breath!"
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

ezze wrote:Of course followed by players stating "We are argonians, we breath water as well as air..." and the Master continues as nothing happened: "besides, the water has a weird smell too, you are not sure it is safe to breath!"
If all else fails: "Rock falls down, everyone dies."
ezze

Post by ezze »

Ahaha... the idea was pushing the adventure, more than killing everyone but it works too.