tying powers to real time instead of gametime

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
claudekennilol

tying powers to real time instead of gametime

Post by claudekennilol »

Powers are all hardcoded to reset after one game day.

I always play with my timescale really low because I don't like the quick day/night cycles. But because of that, instead of using my powers "often" during a play session, I get to use them maybe once out of every 2 or 3 play sessions (or make a mod modifying the esps which is what I've done in the past).

It would be nice if there was a way to relate the power's reset time to the GMST so that regardless of what the timescale is set to, it would still take 48 minutes (minus rest) to reset.
Jyby

Re: tying powers to real time instead of gametime

Post by Jyby »

That would be nice. But I think it defeats the purpose of a one day use power…
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

this will be easy enough to mod once they release the CS version 1

ST
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

Isn't resting a thing in Morrowind? Why not just do that to pass the time when you want to use your powers again?
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

You won't be able to change hard coded features with mods, unless we write support for that. This would have to be a GMST(game setting) that gets created after 1.0.0
claudekennilol

Post by claudekennilol »

Jyby wrote:That would be nice. But I think it defeats the purpose of a one day use power…
It doesn't defeat the purpose of one day use powers at all. They are made specifically with the fact that an entire day lasts 48 minutes--that's with no rest at all. So if you're resting 1/3 of the day, you should be able to use your power about once every thirty minutes. They're made with real time in mind, but they're clocked against game time.

But if I change my GMST to slow down time. Then I'm stuck with a nigh-unusable power that I can only use once every few hours..
SquireNed wrote:Isn't resting a thing in Morrowind? Why not just do that to pass the time when you want to use your powers again?
Yes, resting is a thing... Obviously. But I shouldn't have to stop playing and rest once I hit the above mentioned "30 minute magic number" to do something that should properly scale anyways.
ezze

Post by ezze »

I guess it should not be a problem to let powers regenerate every X hours instead of 24.
I think it would be nice to make an option so when you change the game time/real time scale you scale how often you can use powers the other way around.

Default is 1 game day is 48 minutes of real time and you can use your power every 24 game hours.
For example, if you set up that 1 game day is 96 real time minutes then you can use your powers every 12 game hours.
claudekennilol

Post by claudekennilol »

ezze wrote:I guess it should not be a problem to let powers regenerate every X hours instead of 24.
I think it would be nice to make an option so when you change the game time/real time scale you scale how often you can use powers the other way around.

Default is 1 game day is 48 minutes of real time and you can use your power every 24 game hours.
For example, if you set up that 1 game day is 96 real time minutes then you can use your powers every 12 game hours.
Right. That's exactly what I'm asking for.
ezze

Post by ezze »

To maintain the same game balance all the operations that skip time (like fast travel) should be scaled in the same way.