FPS to RPG

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Zedd

Re: m

Post by Zedd »

silentthief wrote:M?

If you are thinking that changing a different game engine into morrowind, dont expect the devs here to consider yet another re-write. If you want to try n take the openmw engine and say re-create halo again I doubt you will get any support. These things would take away from what has already been accomplished. But, if you want to take the engine and re-write it yourself by all means let us know if you get something accomplished...

ST
ps, I even kind of share your enthusiasm as it would be cool to do game xxxx (meaning kingdom under fire, or halo, or whatever) but morrowind is the game the devs are doing

He was just informing about how it could be done, he wasn't anywhere close to suggesting a rewrite.
taknamay

Re: m

Post by taknamay »

This has nothing to do with OpenMW, that's why I put it in Off Topic :P

I just wanted to know if this would be more difficult than starting from scratch. My reason for asking this question has less to do with Morrowind and more to do with First-person RPG's in general, which is the whole reason of my presence on this forum. I think of OpenMW as being very fertile ground for such a game, but I would like to explore other possibilities.