More videos

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
sirherrbatka

More videos

Post by sirherrbatka »

I think that currently our youtube channel is more effective then blog. Maybe we should consider adding short videos more frequently?

What do you think about it?
Zini

Re: More videos

Post by Zini »

That only works if we actually have something to show. Otherwise we only take content away from the release videos.

Videos I would like to see in the not so far future is a first presentation of the editor (I already talked about that in several places) and maybe a second FAQ video.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

If you are suggesting that we do more videos instead of the blog. Then I'm vehemently opposed!

If you are suggesting that we do videos about one feature at a time as they are developed, eh, I don't know how I feel about that.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

If you are suggesting that we do more videos instead of the blog. Then I'm vehemently opposed!
No! Blog is sacred! I will die for it! :lol:

I think that at the moment OpenMW starts to look like a real game and screenshots are not enough anymore. But recording short, 30 second video showing runing animation or npcs moved by AI functions could help be usefull from time to time.
That only works if we actually have something to show. Otherwise we only take content away from the release videos.
Good point.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I don't think complete features should be shown in these videos you're talking about. However, work-in-progress features that aren't quite working right just yet are fun to see in motion. Just to get a preview and maybe a laugh if what's going on looks funny. Bug videos are also hilarious.
Chris

Post by Chris »

sirherrbatka wrote:I think that at the moment OpenMW starts to look like a real game and screenshots are not enough anymore. But recording short, 30 second video showing runing animation or npcs moved by AI functions could help be usefull from time to time.
Now that we're becoming more feature-complete, I think there are opportunities to do more videos not directly attached to releases. Showcasing mods running in the game, for instance, or a(n uncut) run-through of some quests (both vanilla and mods; whatever we have working). Running from Mournhold in Tribunal, through Vvardenfell, and to Solstheim in Bloodmoon is something we're planning to do, IIRC. Zini mentioned doing videos to show off the OpenCS, and we could add to that tutorials for how to use it (some videos for people new to modding, and others for people who are familiar with the vanilla CS to help them get acquainted with the differences along with explaining why we decided to change it).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Zini mentioned doing videos to show off the OpenCS, and we could add to that tutorials for how to use it (some videos for people new to modding, and others for people who are familiar with the vanilla CS to help them get acquainted with the differences along with explaining why we decided to change it).
Turtorials is a very good idea, but isn't it to early? Also, who will make this videos?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Don't underestimate how much time WeirdSexy puts in to the videos. He already does an amazing job with our releases, anything additional I think would cut into his free-time and be wholly unwelcome.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I know that making videos is time consuming but weirdsexy doesn't have to be the only video maker of openmw ;-)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thanks for the concern and kind words BrotherBrick. I, for one, would be most pleased if Star-Demon came back and did some "Let's play" style bits of OpenMW gameplay. :D