Application

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Glorfdev

Application

Post by Glorfdev »

Hello, I'm Michał, and I want to help in OpenMW development.
I have a lot of low-level C programming knowledge, like kernel and drivers development, but OGRE is something new for me. I'm also real fan of Morrowind, I've finished this games so many times that I remember nearly every quest :D. Maybe I could help with reverse-engineering or physics? I could also try with OGRE, I learn very fast.

Do you have some task for me?
Please, help me start, and I will help you :)

P.S. I've Plan9 installed on my PC, if you want to have port of OpenMW to this crazy operating system. :D
sirherrbatka

Re: Application

Post by sirherrbatka »

Welcome! Nice to see you.

Do they have opengl on plan9? :D
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

sirherrbatka wrote:Do they have opengl on plan9? :D

Seems they are 'stuck':
TinyGL. A very light implementation of a subset of the OpenGL graphics library. Already ported to several non-X windowing environments -- mirtchov@cpsc, stalled, better shoot for the real thing and port MesaGL. This has also stalled for a year -- the software rendering compiles with ape/pcc, but the driver for draw() is half-done.
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/todo/index.html
Glorfdev

Post by Glorfdev »

No, there's no opengl yet. We're now working to get full web browser :D And GeForce drivers.
I'm running openmw on linux, of course.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I'm running openmw on linux, of course.
Why of course? OpenMW runs also on freeBSD. I belive that it's also possible to port it into other systems, like haiku but will require a lot of work. ;-)
Glorfdev

Post by Glorfdev »

And how about other architectures? Is it easily portable?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Currently only attempt was on PowerPC. It worked but with bugs. Probabbly it would be easier on LE CPU.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Welcome. If you haven't done so yet, please have a look at the new developer checklist (linked in the pinned thread in this forum).

For a first task, how about this? The actual importing and storing of fallback values is already implemented. The only thing left to do is to go through the source to find hard-coded values and instead fetch them from the fallback map. Please note, that fallback values for character creation are a separate task, that I already have offered to someone else (still waiting for a reply on that).
Glorfdev

Post by Glorfdev »

Thanks, it seems to be good for start.
Should I check on Gantt that I'll do that?
And, in case of problems, is there any openmw IRC or mailing list?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

sure, we have IRC: #openmw on freenode. We don't have mailing list ─ we have a forum! ;-)